• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,187 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, VAZ said:

I think PCH and Sci-Fi/Crime/Jungle might be the greatest era in comics. Very few people really know these artists and their stories and yet it was such an important moment in time.  I bought a one owner collection a couple years ago and it changed my life. 

32.JPG

3.5.JPG

3.6.JPG

4.JPG

What a great collection!

Ken

2 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Took the plunge and started using Instagram to buy books. I did some deals with board members here recently that also sold there, so figured as long as I limit my spending with their recommended trusted accounts it would be fine. First pick up was this beauty, a cover i've always loved and wanted to own but for some reason thought was far more expensive, and so never considered hunting it down. Love the Manhunter, real shame most of his stories were never reprinted in ANY form.

ad7925.thumb.jpg.497c16376b624a7fe1413f221d17e5c3.jpg

May I ask what # tag do search under?

6 minutes ago, podboy66 said:

May I ask what # tag do search under?

Right now I limited myself to buying from these accounts: streyflexin, howling_mad_fate, xeno_comics (all of which I bought a few books from on the boards since they are local to me), and elite_comics11 (where I got this one from, first actual purchase without knowing them IRL). Tag wise i'm following #comicsforsale right now (as well as some targeted tags for certain books I collect, such as #worldsoffear and #morefuncomics)

Edited by Sauce Dog

13 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Right now I limited myself to buying from these accounts: streyflexin, howling_mad_fate, xeno_comics (all of which I bought a few books from on the boards since they are local to me), and elite_comics11 (where I got this one from, first actual purchase without knowing them IRL). Tag wise i'm following #comicsforsale right now (as well as some targeted tags for certain books I collect, such as #worldsoffear and #morefuncomics)

Thanks!

I picked up several coverless comics and some low grade pre-code comics recently.  I can identify most of the comics but failed on one in the picture.  I looked for a story titled "Murder" in the GCD but didn't find one that matched.  I think the book was produced by Story Publishing which released "Fight Against Crime" and other horror/crime comics but still don't know.  Does anyone recognize this comic?

48562347796_555895f507_b.jpg

18 hours ago, BB-Gun said:

I picked up several coverless comics and some low grade pre-code comics recently.  I can identify most of the comics but failed on one in the picture.  I looked for a story titled "Murder" in the GCD but didn't find one that matched.  I think the book was produced by Story Publishing which released "Fight Against Crime" and other horror/crime comics but still don't know.  Does anyone recognize this comic?

48562347796_555895f507_b.jpg

Identifying that book will be Murder. Good luck!