• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,187 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Point Five said:

Newish pickup:

crimemysteries14.jpg.2a29550913674aa0a93253f36aff2aa8.jpg

Nice pickup and a good read!

Solid!The candyfloss holding fella-the area around his mouth is hard to wrap my eyes around.It looks like he really WANTS a moustache- lol

Hey Jimmers, I think the guy is holding a cotton candy.

33 minutes ago, fifties said:

Nice pickup and a good read!

Hey Jimmers, I think the guy is holding a cotton candy.

lol different locals I guess.Cotton candy or candy floss are one and the same here.Across the bridge it's called Barbe à L'Érable.

On 9/8/2004 at 8:58 PM, *paull* said:

I'm pumped up about three books that I bought recently. Sorry for the lame pictures.... I don't have a scanner. These aren't super high-grade like many of the museum pieces that I've seen here recently on the boards, but for what they are, Farrell pre-code horror, the condition is stellar. They all belonged to a single collector who spent many, many years putting togeter an Ajax/Farrell collection. One reason I am very excited to have these books is that they are in very similar condition with vibrant colors and good page quality. Each has a cover crease, but not much in the way of edge tears, chipping or chunks. It's very difficult to put together a nice run, and unless you're a multi-millionaire, you have to go for books that are less than NM to do so. And that means finding books with similar defects and appeal. The collector of these books did an admirable job.

The first book is Haunted Thrills #5 with what I consider to be a classic skull cover. I love this one...

592290-ht5.jpg

592290-ht5.jpg.fa1eb90b6777595c9d4b588d50c08b8e.jpg

That is an amazing cover!   The green skull with the Red background.   This one is getting added to the want list.

4 hours ago, ComicsaretheNorm said:

That is an amazing cover!   The green skull with the Red background.   This one is getting added to the want list.

One of many great skull covers and they don't come cheap 

2 hours ago, comicjack said:
6 hours ago, ComicsaretheNorm said:

One of many great skull covers and they don't come cheap 

Not sure what I was buying in 2004, but it definitely wasn't as cool as that.

On 10/10/2019 at 7:28 PM, fifties said:

Just got in a copy of Weird Mysteries 1, which completes my run, which I posted in the Undead Thread, Pre Code Horror.

Weird Mysteries 1.jpg

LOL, the publishers of horror comics have ONE demand that all covers must meet, which is to have women's breasts displayed PROMINENTLY. I thought these were only sold to kids???