• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

As I have been completely priced out of pre code horror, and used to have killer books (Flickr matthew Kirscht for a small sampling of my pain) is there any sign of low grades coming back to earth? I got back into buying a little over a year ago and just can’t see the prices for beaters holding, but so far, they have. Any hope from those who are more active than me?

Edited by shiverbones

4 hours ago, shiverbones said:

As I have been completely priced out of pre code horror, and used to have killer books (Flickr matthew Kirscht for a small sampling of my pain) is there any sign of low grades coming back to earth? I got back into buying a little over a year ago and just can’t see the prices for beaters holding, but so far, they have. Any hope from those who are more active than me?

JMO, but I think the recent ridiculous prices for mid and high grade books automatically raises the floor for the lesser grades.  I doubt that they will do anything but continue to rise over the years, just like shadows following the big guys.  And there is so much over grading of them now!  CGC doesn't help, because slabbed books are the very top tier, with two and three zeros behind the price digits.

2 hours ago, fifties said:

JMO, but I think the recent ridiculous prices for mid and high grade books automatically raises the floor for the lesser grades.  I doubt that they will do anything but continue to rise over the years, just like shadows following the big guys.  And there is so much over grading of them now!  CGC doesn't help, because slabbed books are the very top tier, with two and three zeros behind the price digits.

I see that, but just keep hoping that sense returns somehow. Thanks for the response. 

On 11/10/2019 at 5:11 PM, Robot Man said:

Got another one from this fun little run. I keep chipping away at it and will hopefully complete it soon.

comsensation112.jpg

Great pile Bob!My favourite is this one,just got a copy,will post later.I really like to imagine that there's rock and roll blaring through those headphones,waking that Mummy up!

18 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Love it!If any of our pet tarantulas had eyes or hands like that,I'd well,not have them lol 88281.jpg.c6e17ea389d5304375ecc3a89b59b08f.jpg

I like animals and pets as much as the next guy Jimmers, But snakes and spiders just creep me out. 

Might have something to do with all the attics, basements and garages I’ve picked through in my quest for junk. Rats suk too...

I hit a garage with several boxes of old pulps once. I opened the first one and seemed like hundreds of spiders flew out. I about wet my pants. Made damn sure I kicked the rest of the boxes first before I stuck my hand in...

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I like animals and pets as much as the next guy Jimmers, But snakes and spiders just creep me out. 

Might have something to do with all the attics, basements and garages I’ve picked through in my quest for junk. Rats suk too...

I hit a garage with several boxes of old pulps once. I opened the first one and seemed like hundreds of spiders flew out. I about wet my pants. Made damn sure I kicked the rest of the boxes first before I stuck my hand in...

Living in your warmer climate(tricolor gets more in AZ!)you get more hot nasties than myself up in the Canadian wastelands,at least my part of Ontario.Aside from rats,everything freezes for a good part of the year.There are always a few home invading critters every fall,but small for the most part.

(Our tarantulas are the quietest,easiest to care for of all our family)

Edited by porcupine48