• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Mak420 said:

Should be in the mail any day, never thought I would own this book! Low grade but I am beyond happy!

FAEE1105-63BC-43AF-8BD8-6B96D2FF8E71.jpeg

Hey I think low grade horror books should have their own grading system for how aesthetically pleasing the wear is when matched with the subject matter on cover. This one would receive 8.0-9.0 from me (I would need to smell It before finalizing the grade- the more sharp/acrid for this particular book the better. Also, it might be worth it to shred some of the exposed paper on the BR corner to match the disintegrating flesh. if you’ve never shredded paper before, you might want to hire a professional distressor. if you botch it you might lose an entire grade point or two. Ask around on the boards for recommendations). Good job and good luck!

3 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Finally posted it to this forum!   Ha ha- finally got one.  Been passing on low grade DOH copies for years, finally saw one I wanted... then of course a few days later another higher grade became available, visually though I think this one is better.  

You might want to pick up a beater reader; the story, "The Ghosts Curse" is haunting.

40 minutes ago, fifties said:

You might want to pick up a beater reader; the story, "The Ghosts Curse" is haunting.

I'll keep my eyes open, but even the beaters were commanding unbeat prices.  I"ll the golden age reading room...

21 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Finally posted it to this forum!   Ha ha- finally got one.  Been passing on low grade DOH copies for years, finally saw one I wanted... then of course a few days later another higher grade became available, visually though I think this one is better.  
Added a photo taken in daylight- much truer representation.

IMG_6233.JPG

Love it. I'll need a copy one of these days. The cover art is a riot. Looks like the artist was being paid by the skull!