• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2020 at 9:52 AM, N e r V said:

Nope. Probably should have requested grader notes on it but to lazy...:nyah:

Hey N e r V.  I can’t remember which thread it was is, but I think you mentioned one of your collecting goals was to get every comic that was published the same month as Fantastic Four #1?  If so, any chance you can show them to us?  I think it’s a cool idea,  it’s like listening to all the popular music that came out the same month as Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

1 minute ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Hey N e r V.  I can’t remember which thread it was is, but I think you mentioned one of your collecting goals was to get every comic that was published the same month as Fantastic Four #1?  If so, any chance you can show them to us?  I think it’s a cool idea,  it’s like listening to all the popular music that came out the same month as Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

I think I have 12 or 13 of the 17 titles released by Marvel in August 1961 (if I counted correctly). Missing some western and romance titles. I have dupes on a few including multiples of FF #1. The scans you see me posting on the boards are stuff I’m buying or bought recently so I’d need to scan everything at some point since I’ve never been one to scan my collection but sure I’d probably do it after I finish getting them all. Don’t think it’s been done here before but probably a few collectors here have them all already...hm

On 7/17/2020 at 8:16 AM, N e r V said:

Posted in SA too but since this title was mostly Pre code and Bill Everett was a mainstay in the pre code world I’m cross posting it...

75E14E11-5C30-42CF-AA06-2846F6514C85.thumb.jpeg.79afbd930ec9754c3944b32f549b256f.jpeg

You should get this one too if you don't already own it.  His face kind of looks like a muppet to me.

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #17.jpg

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000

14 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

You should get this one too if you don't already own it.  His face kind of looks like a muppet to me.

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #17.jpg

Hah! It’s on my list but I haven’t found the right copy yet. It’s a bookend to the copy I just got in the run...

On 7/18/2020 at 7:50 PM, Jayman said:

Where does one just find Northfords? :bigsmile:

This one’s label is interesting as my Northford has the same notation regarding transfer stains. Was that common in this Ped?

044309F4-4985-4731-8700-432401C245F2.jpeg

I know what you mean.  Just yesterday a good friend of mine showed me these that he just got.  Has a third Northford but I can’t remember what book it is. 

57B752C8-9D88-4747-8DCF-144710485FC2.jpeg

3 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

She’s a beater but I figured why not since the price was right and the transaction was in person.  I might try to upgrade at some point but I’ll enjoy this copy for now considering it’s the only copy I’ve ever had. 

97F00C53-75A6-4C50-BD22-F413979CCB04.jpeg

That 's what she gets for running up the charge cards lol

3 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

She’s a beater but I figured why not since the price was right and the transaction was in person.  I might try to upgrade at some point but I’ll enjoy this copy for now considering it’s the only copy I’ve ever had. 

That presents really well for a 1.5.  For some reason, EC's seem more prone to spine splits than other publishers... which works well for me, because it makes for decently presenting affordable reading copies.  I'm afraid that issue is still on my "I'll never get a copy" list, though...

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:

That presents really well for a 1.5.  For some reason, EC's seem more prone to spine splits than other publishers... which works well for me, because it makes for decently presenting affordable reading copies.  I'm afraid that issue is still on my "I'll never get a copy" list, though...

I agree.  A friend of mine owns 2 copies.  His under copy which structurally speaking is a 2.5/3.0, definitely doesn’t have as nice eye appeal as this 1.5.  Of course the split is what did it in, but it is what it is.  Anyhow, I spoke to him right before I purchased this copy and he officially told me he wasn’t interested in selling either of his copies right now.  So I thought I’d better snag this one.

12 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Congrats!  You may now join the CSS 22 club.  Look in the EC forum, and when you locate the thread, post your copy.