• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

As a long time PCH fan, the St. John horror books always seemed a little to “tame”. Some cool covers but the contents rarely measured up. I always went for the wilder publishers. Luckily, once I finished up the other publishers, I went back and finished up St. John. 

I’m still pecking away at some of these “tamer” publishers like ACG, Star, and Avon’s Eerie and Witchcraft. Luckily, I picked up the great covers first. 

As a PCH completist, I still want them but if I don’t finish them off, at least I can die happy...:roflmao:

4 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

Finally found a Strange Mysteries 11. One of the best covers in the run, in my opinion.

Strange Mysteries11.jpg

I agree! I usually don’t like word balloons on the cover but this is the exception. The “EEEEEEE...” coming out of the phone is the cherry on top! (thumbsu

On 8/5/2020 at 11:54 AM, Robot Man said:

As a long time PCH fan, the St. John horror books always seemed a little to “tame”. Some cool covers but the contents rarely measured up. I always went for the wilder publishers. Luckily, once I finished up the other publishers, I went back and finished up St. John. 

I’m still pecking away at some of these “tamer” publishers like ACG, Star, and Avon’s Eerie and Witchcraft. Luckily, I picked up the great covers first. 

As a PCH completist, I still want them but if I don’t finish them off, at least I can die happy...:roflmao:

Get "Diary Of Horror" by Avon.  The story, "The Ghosts Curse" is haunting, and ACG's Out Of The Night #13; all four stories are killer.

6 hours ago, fifties said:

Get "Diary Of Horror" by Avon.  The story, "The Ghosts Curse" is haunting, and ACG's Out Of The Night #13; all four stories are killer.

Got ‘em both. I need to drag them out and take another look. Been quite a while since I read them. 

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 8:18 PM, fifties said:

Got these two in today.  Number 3 appears similar to the S.O.T.I. illustration, which was taken from Authentic Police Cases #6.

Fugitives From Justice 3a.jpg

Fugitives From Justice 3 SOTI.jpg

I didn't know the story was reprinted but it definitely was edited.  The Cattle Kate story from Woman Outlaws is at the bottom of the page.  I think Kate was also in the Fox giant.

On 8/7/2020 at 1:32 AM, fifties said:

7D40D6E3-AA53-4689-BF30-DC0FD4D67E82.gif.f42412a9d9bb791ffbc1df9695fe8c62.gif

Love my Diary of Horror....:cloud9:

462CF834-5B6F-4731-A2FD-8FA3BDE6C5E6.gif.7eff58679ec836a6abf7e9eb43af227a.gif