• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,189 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Agreed on a great cover. I think a few boardies have posted their copies and are always a hit. Difficult to find or finally getting recognition? Or other?

Don’t forget tough black cover. Always HTF in HG in any age.

14 hours ago, manetteska said:

The result on this Real Clue surprised me. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124410346356

That's insane, but the cover illustration is along the same theme as the L.B. Cole Thrilling Crime Cases #49, "The Poisoner", and that Real Clue issue doesn't come up that often.  I have one in lower grade.

Edited by fifties

24 minutes ago, fifties said:

That's insane, but the cover illustration is along the same theme as the L.B. Cole Thrilling Crime Cases #49, "The Poisoner", and that Real Clue issue doesn't come up that often.  I have one in lower grade.

I first saw the cover here, added it to my must find list, and found one randomly scrolling on eBay some time after that. I  didn’t pay much for it. Will have to see if I can figure out if it was an auction or a snipe best offer. 

9 hours ago, manetteska said:

I first saw the cover here, added it to my must find list, and found one randomly scrolling on eBay some time after that. I  didn’t pay much for it. Will have to see if I can figure out if it was an auction or a snipe best offer. 

Appears to have been an auction. 

6CF3AE07-6A9A-4D4B-97D4-FB5EAB9C764A.jpeg.cec9d121c30b5e5cdc2eda1f8f059eed.jpeg

16 hours ago, fifties said:

Not insane at all. Check out the census. Classic cover and congrats on your having a copy.(thumbsu

1 hour ago, ender said:

Found this one in a comic shop that I frequent a few times a year. Someone added a couple of staples and some of the pages are a little flakey on the edge but I think it displays fairly well for its technical grade and it is one (IMHO) oF the really classic crime covers of the GA. 

image.jpg

One of the top five crime covers imho :headbang: