• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, originalisbest said:

Haunted Thrills #6 is such a great book. The prices realized recently confirm my feelings.Haunted-Thrills_6_Front.thumb.jpg.605a949ef5485a2ccec1f649c4bf28a0.jpg

Great cover but one I don't have and probably will never own. Can't see paying in the thousands for the book.

I don't disagree, it's just the way it goes, that most all my now high-dollar books I bought long ago for much less. My Haunted Thrills #6 I paid $140 for at a small local con about 15 years ago. Similar on a far-smaller scale to old-time collectors who recall what they could have paid for an Action #1 in 1970. Not that a Haunted Thrills 6 is anywhere as important as an Action 1, but it's not valued as though it is either. Once upon a time it probably sold to someone for $10 or so. :)

1 minute ago, goldust40 said:

It is, according to the census. Was lucky to pick it up (obviously!).

No kidding! 

I found it on HA. Knowing what you paid in 2012....that's an incredible possible return on your investment haha

1 hour ago, originalisbest said:

Haunted Thrills #6 is such a great book. The prices realized recently confirm my feelings.Haunted-Thrills_6_Front.thumb.jpg.605a949ef5485a2ccec1f649c4bf28a0.jpg

Great cover but one I don't have and probably will never own. Can't see paying in the thousands for the book.

34 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

I'm not complaining, maybe a little, Prices on Pre-Code now is all relative. I've purchased most of my books 90% of the EC run and many Horror keys back in the 90's and early 2000's. I just personally wouldn't pay that money doesn't mean they aren't worth it.

I purchased Blackcat Mystery at my first con in 1976 and yes it wasn't alot.

black cat mystery50 001.jpg

Oh man, I traded about 5 pre code horror books and some cash to get my copy last year