• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,192 posts in this topic

Just now, Mak420 said:

Thanks! Since I was 16 I remember wishing I could get one here it is.

A611A686-F1EE-44BB-BB93-73811DDD81BB.jpeg

Great copy to have! I remember feeling the same about wanting a copy of Crypt of Terror #17 when I was 14. I had just learned about EC and precode horror generally, and was all in -- wasn't until I was in my 30's that I did finally get a Crypt #17. :)

1 hour ago, lbcolefan said:

I was one of the underbidders on your copy. What seems cheap now was more than I was willing to pay back then. I still don’t have a copy and with today’s prices I probably never will.

I can’t decide which is my favorite Farrell, 5 or 6.

9F6ABA2E-D71F-4DD7-ACF1-593C973E43B3.jpeg

Good memory, as that was eight years ago.

Superb copy of #5. The Iger Shop turned out so many great covers. 

6 hours ago, originalisbest said:

Great cover and one that is highly admired! Yes, obviously "recent" can be things you just got yesterday, but this thread I've followed from the start, is welcoming of cool precode books no matter when you got them. "Recent" is all relative with vintage books. :)

WTOTF-7.png

Yup, I need one of these☝️

11 hours ago, originalisbest said:

If you find yourself liking precode horror books, it's a great place to be. Read from the very first page or pick one at random -- it's fun to look back as it's gone on for many many years now. :)

When I first discovered this thread, I gave my wallet a hug and promised him everything was going to be ok

The current state of my collection has determined that was a lie

5 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

When I first discovered this thread, I gave my wallet a hug and promised him everything was going to be ok

The current state of my collection has determined that was a lie

If you are gonna get into collecting PCH, esp with the astronomical run up in prices these last two years, pull your funds out of the wallet and throw it away.  Seeking a second job might also be of help.  :wink: