• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, fifties said:

Charlton made some damn good horror comics.  This run started out as a straight crime book called, "Lawbreakers", then morphed into "Lawbreakers Suspense Stories", and finished the run as "Strange Suspense Stories".  Some Steve Ditko artwork in at least the last title.  Starting with Lawbreakers Suspense Stories you can't go wrong and WILL get hooked, LOL!

I'm definitely looking at these a lot more! 

On 2/7/2021 at 5:21 AM, fifties said:

Charlton made some damn good horror comics.  This run started out as a straight crime book called, "Lawbreakers", then morphed into "Lawbreakers Suspense Stories", and finished the run as "Strange Suspense Stories".  Some Steve Ditko artwork in at least the last title.  Starting with Lawbreakers Suspense Stories you can't go wrong and WILL get hooked, LOL!

+1

There are some great stories and panels in these books for sure.

15 hours ago, Drkegg said:

This one came in the mail the other day. On the fence if I want to collect this entire series as well. Have a #20, the #22 will be a little more expensive lol

IMG_20210206_173808056.jpg

I have owned the whole run but sold off many when the reprints came out. I kept the best issues luckily.

Decided to complete them again. Got two last week and am only down to 3 issues. 

Highly recomended series! 

13 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

It is a great run but prices have really gone up on some books.

Crime Suspenstories run.JPG

CSS have always been my favourite choice of the EC Titles.   Arguably the best covers, but definitely the best stories.

Of the 5 EC Flagship titles I would rate them in this order of story pleasure. (I've read them all multiple times over the years)

1. CSS

2. SSS

3. VOH

4. HOF

5. TFTC

2c