• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2021 at 12:10 PM, G G ® ™ said:

I have no disposable income to speak of due to medical issues in recent years, so when I make the odd purchase these days it's always from funds gleaned from other collectibles. I recently unloaded some Sports cards on the current explosive market which funded this book. It's low grade but it wasn't cheap and I'm thrilled to have it. It was a book I never thought I'd get.

Too funny -- I got a 2.0 copy of this book last year and 'it was a book I never thought I'd get' is just about word for word what I posted here as well. I just figured it was off the table forever so it's a bit surreal to actually have one in hand. Congrats man!  :applause: 

21 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Too funny -- I got a 2.0 copy of this book last year and 'it was a book I never thought I'd get' is just about word for word what I posted here as well. I just figured it was off the table forever so it's a bit surreal to actually have one in hand. Congrats man!  :applause: 

Thanks Jon. Congrats on your book.  :foryou:

1 hour ago, fifties said:

NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS (includes a C-Note for tax and shipping) for a flippin' DIME comic book?  I musta been outa my mind!  Oh well, it's a grail I never thought that I'd ever get.  Now I just need Shocks 1 & 2 to complete the run.

Shock SS 6.jpg

Somehow this cover never gets old. Eventually I'll get myself a copy

2 hours ago, fifties said:

NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS (includes a C-Note for tax and shipping) for a flippin' DIME comic book?  I musta been outa my mind!  Oh well, it's a grail I never thought that I'd ever get.  Now I just need Shocks 1 & 2 to complete the run.

Shock SS 6.jpg

Congrats, was watching that one! For the eye appeal I think that was a pretty decent deal. (thumbsu

On 3/25/2021 at 6:42 PM, Hap Hazard said:

Here's a copy from my collection fairly old purchase around 98.

weird tales of the future8 001.jpg

I’m currently getting my father through the recovery process of congestive heart failure and triple bypass. I now need a copy of this book in the ole’ collection. :luhv:

12 hours ago, fifties said:

Shock SS 6.jpg

Cheaper than a Suspense 3 with all the good stuff (thumbsu