• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

^ went for $596, who woulda thunk it just a year or so ago? The listed grade, though, of VG/F hardly seems appropriate. Judging from the scan, I would go G-VG at best.

I'd say it a 3.5, maybe a 4.0 on a good day with decent pages. 5.0's are recently selling for $850-$1,000+ so this was reasonable enough for me.

pick ups from comicfest in San Diego, a small show at the town and country in mission valley. Some lower grade but great books from Terry's comics.

Crime Mysteries 2 and 3 and Ghost 2 Canadian.

Haven't been to that show yet. Been waiting to see if it grows enough to make the effort.

How was it this year?

pick ups from comicfest in San Diego, a small show at the town and country in mission valley. Some lower grade but great books from Terry's comics.

Crime Mysteries 2 and 3 and Ghost 2 Canadian.

Nice pick-ups Steve! I especially like the Crime Mysteries #3. Is it a Crime book? Or is it a Horror book? With a cover like that who cares?

How was that "Comicfest" Show? Sounds like a fun show but the only comic dealers I knew of were So Cal and Terry both of which I saw their stashes a few weeks ago. Angelo was there I see but I don't even look at his wares. Didn't seem worth the drive down for me. I suppose if I lived down there, I would cruise over...

^ went for $596, who woulda thunk it just a year or so ago? The listed grade, though, of VG/F hardly seems appropriate. Judging from the scan, I would go G-VG at best.

I'd say it a 3.5, maybe a 4.0 on a good day with decent pages. 5.0's are recently selling for $850-$1,000+ so this was reasonable enough for me.

And I doubt they will be going down in price any time soon, congrats I like that one in any shape.

Managed to pick up an awesome copy of Lawbreakers 15 from one of our top-notch boardies :headbang:

Then my River City copy came back from CGC a little stronger than I expected :cloud9:

lawbreakers%2015%20both%20copies_zpsjb6kia74.jpg

Great pair, they look nice together!

This is definitely a book that needs to be read. Lots of great interior treats in this book! (thumbs u

Managed to pick up an awesome copy of Lawbreakers 15 from one of our top-notch boardies :headbang:

Then my River City copy came back from CGC a little stronger than I expected :cloud9:

This is definitely a book that needs to be read. Lots of great interior treats in this book! (thumbs u

Visually in hand how does the 7.0 compare to your 7.5?

I thought it was a very strong 7.0, I wonder if it could be re-subbed.

Visually in hand how does the 7.0 compare to your 7.5?

I thought it was a very strong 7.0, I wonder if it could be re-subbed.

Thanks Jayman! They are a rather fun tandem :D

Artboy99, In hand, I think they compare very similarly, and I believe your old 7.0 looks strong for the grade. I purchased the River City copy as a raw VF, and based on my recent submissions to CGC, I figured it was going to grade closer to a 7.0