• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,192 posts in this topic

I got mine a while back (not a great scan though).

82e364621334602e9a9ecdf5babd57589bc51b9e.jpg

I kind of like the mummy/Egypt theme comics when done right which is why I bought my copy. Being a early EC horror book was only a bonus.

I'm kind of looking for a copy of Web of Mystery #23 for the same reason.

Mummy + Egypt = :grin:

I've always dug this cover, so I'm very happy to find a solid mid-grade copy :banana:

captain%20marvel%20jr%20115_zpsdj9ivq4x.jpg

Great colors on that one. A lot of times the reds are very faded.

Speaking of faded reds on PCH covers, is that a common thing on Atlas books? I just jumped back heavily into comics last year and I'm finding a lot of cases where an otherwise midgrade copy looks nasty because of the washout on red colored cover blurbs.

Speaking of faded reds on PCH covers, is that a common thing on Atlas books? I just jumped back heavily into comics last year and I'm finding a lot of cases where an otherwise midgrade copy looks nasty because of the washout on red colored cover blurbs.

I don't think it is common, some issues are notorious for fading like the Menace 5 red color blurb ("Zombie") or the cover of Mystery Tales 11 (red cover) which almost always seems faded.

I got mine a while back (not a great scan though).

82e364621334602e9a9ecdf5babd57589bc51b9e.jpg

I kind of like the mummy/Egypt theme comics when done right which is why I bought my copy. Being a early EC horror book was only a bonus.

I'm kind of looking for a copy of Web of Mystery #23 for the same reason.

Mummy + Egypt = :grin:

Nice! We usually see Vampire and Werewolf focused posts/covers. What, no love for Mummy? (shrug) Here's another, a last to go with your first: Super-Mystery Comics v8 #6(final issue). The hero's were long gone from the title by this time. Here's to 'Mummy Mondays"

Super-Mystery%20Comics%20v8%206_zpsm1ucj1bw.jpg