• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

Alrighty then... I see your run of Horrific and raise you the run of Weird Terror!

comhorrificrun_zpspyptc6ef.jpg

comterrific14_zpsp332jvgd.jpg

comweirdterrorrun_zpssn0gev6m.jpg

Oh hell, RM, anyone exhibiting the sort of brain damage each one of us appears to have, could throw together a Weird Terror run before breakfast...Here's mine;

2prtq47.jpg

So that to call yours, and raise you a run of Beware! Terror Tales;

34et9xx.jpg

OK old man, so that's how you want it? Let's double down. I'll see your Beware Terror tales and throw in Strange Suspense Stories AND This Mag is Haunted (missing one...) The strange Suspense #5 is the River City but a copy of the cover because I keep the orig in one of my pedigree boxes and am too lazy to dig it out.

And hey kids, we haven't even started throwing in other companies like Farrell, Ace, Standard, Superior and a lot of other misc publishers...

combewareterrortalesrun_zpsmuwkav9a.jpg

comstrangesuspenstoriesrun_zpsig3nnsmj.jpg

comthismaghauntedrun_zpsprvroar2.jpg

OK old man, so that's how you want it? Let's double down. I'll see your Beware Terror tales and throw in Strange Suspense Stories AND This Mag is Haunted (missing one...) The strange Suspense #5 is the River City but a copy of the cover because I keep the orig in one of my pedigree boxes and am too lazy to dig it out.

And hey kids, we haven't even started throwing in other companies like Farrell, Ace, Standard, Superior and a lot of other misc publishers...

combewareterrortalesrun_zpsmuwkav9a.jpg

comstrangesuspenstoriesrun_zpsig3nnsmj.jpg

comthismaghauntedrun_zpsprvroar2.jpg

RM, if it's all out war you be lookin' for, you done picked on the wrong boy, eh eh!

I'll see your run of TMIH (the scary thing is, I too am missing one copy, although in this case, you have the far rarer #3),

30bl56t.jpg

Then my SSS run;

v6nfvs.jpg

And to raise the ante, I think that I'll just throw in my Charlton SSS run as well; match them apples, eh eh!

2yl7fwk.jpg

Just keep pushing back don't you fifties?

Here is my run of Strange Suspense Stories. But, you got me on this one. I'm still missing #20...

comstrangesuspenstoriesrun_zpsunwhqy8w.jpg

While we're talking Charlton... Hows your Thing run? I'm all done...

comthingrun_zpszozyemgn.jpg

Mr. Cantankerous, that's me, bwahahaha!

Gonna let you slide on the missing SSS 20, not really a difficult issue, at least it never used to be, and your possession of TMIH #3 makes up for it.

A run of The Thing? Okey dokie, here B mine;

2w5lfdu.jpg

And perhaps we'll just up the ante, if you're still in the game, with my short run of Weird Chills;

2myt4iw.jpg

No word from fifties yet, I might have him stumped. Or, he's online or the phone trying to get the last few he needs so he can smack me. Ha Ha Ha!

Voodos and Farrells in general are a little tougher to complete so I'll give him a break. I'll just wait to post the rest of my Farrells.

Tag you're it fifties!

Do I detect a note of cockiness, RM? Eh eh, well, ya got me on the VoodA's, as I don't collect jungle comics to any degree, and I'm still kicking myself for not buying a $42 VG copy of the Voodoo annual because I thought it was too pricey :cry: but here's my complete Voodoo horror run (with two copies of #17;

24gmuex.jpg

And just to up the ante, I'll add my short run of Strange Stories From Another World;

34owwme.jpg

Technically yes. It's on the list. But since it's reprints I kind of passed it by. If it wern't for that Baker cover, I probably wouldn't care that much.

Fifties: I was going to post back but I don't have a photo of the Unknown World in my bucket on account that it is a pedigree and in another box. So stay tuned...

By the way, you are lacking the last issue of Voodoo. Just because it has a pretty girl on the cover it isn't a Vooda until the next issue.

And you passed on the annual for $35.??? Wow, you are cheap!