• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Not to mention that it's a rough black cover and one of the more sought after covers in the run. Can't justify the price for all lower grade copies but maybe this was a case of two or more collectors just wanting it badly! (shrug)

Not to mention that it's a rough black cover and one of the more sought after covers in the run. Can't justify the price for all lower grade copies but maybe this was a case of two or more collectors just wanting it badly! (shrug)

Plus, the cover looks nice and glossy, with a clean image area and the wear mostly on the edges.

Honestly, this wouldn't even crack the top 20 wacky GA prices I see in any random month!

It's a great cover. Not over the top or anything but a really clean sharp PCH cover.

I liked it long before it was sky high and am happy to have my very decent looking 6.0 copy.

The fact that the Misfits used it and it seems to regularly pop up on PCH cover galleries only serves to enhance its legend.

I have a t-shirt with the image and Misfits logo in place of the COC title and the non comic going public regularly comment on my cool shirt since I bought it. Ive also met a couple people now with the image used as one of their tats.

If I weren't such a hoarder I'd sell one of my many high grade copies of this awesome book. It's getting to be a problem.

I don't think so. This VG copy on HA just sold for $478 including BP:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/horror/chamber-of-chills-19-harvey-1953-condition-vg-/a/121629-13279.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013

I'd say the Ebay buyer overpaid.

I don't think so. This VG copy on HA just sold for $478 including BP:

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/horror/chamber-of-chills-19-harvey-1953-condition-vg-/a/121629-13279.s?ic2=mytracked-lotspage-lotlinks-12202013

I'd say the Ebay buyer overpaid.

I wouldn't say, judging from the scan, that that was a VG copy.

A couple of pickups tonight at SDCC preview night as I was leaving the convention floor to go watch the fireworks in the harbor. :grin:

06c16e1a629dc9b453af1bf4af9ddc91279cd3d9.jpg

Stellar choices!

Love the pickups. The colors on the MoM are nice!

Got me this today also.

What's interesting about it is the date. June 1938. Came out the same month as Action #1 and would have been on the newstand at the same time.

hrhrt_zpshk9f35n4.jpg

ert34_zpseq1f82yn.jpg

Andy, funny that that WT 22 would catch your eye. I've been looking for a nice midgrade. Very cool, very underrated cover IMO.

I grabbed it off of an eBay auction because it looked so nice. Not a cover I had paid much attention to, but it's a good one. I think it's underrated too.

Got me this today also.

What's interesting about it is the date. June 1938. Came out the same month as Action #1 and would have been on the newstand at the same time.

hrhrt_zpshk9f35n4.jpg

ert34_zpseq1f82yn.jpg

and probably more rare also.