• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Mr.Illmannered said:

I was watching that too and was surprised at the final price for its condition. 

I was, too. Thought I had it around $340. Price didn't budge for a while. Then when auction ended it suddenly posted the $510 price. 

Horror from the Tomb I won, but not sure how well I did with that. I don't see that too often- and didn't want to have to wait til another posted. Of course a 6.0 will prob list at $300 and I will do this:doh!

15 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

Cross off another one from the top of my want list:banana:

image.jpg

Love this book. Says everything I love about these Precode horror books. Ajax publishing at its finest. The classic panel in there is from a beheading by paper cutter story I believe.

congrats! A wise pickup. 

2 hours ago, Gregd said:

And this one- always liked the cover 

IMG_3057.JPG

That's nice early work from George Woodbridge.

55 minutes ago, Jayman said:

They were delivered at the Height of company at my house. Just got a chance to open the box today! No high profile books, but only ones on my want list that I could realistically see myself winning...

I'm thrilled to death just to have been able to snag these three. Love 'em all but especially the Venus 18 as it completes my Venus 17, 18, 19 trifecta!:whee:

Marvel%20Tales%20%20100%20CGC%206.0_zpsp

Space%20Action%20%202%20CGC%205.5_zps4ie

Venus%20%2018%20CGC%205.0_zpscee3na73.jp

Great books! Congrats!

14 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

One of my favorite Pre-Code books, a very strong price on that E-bay copy.

My copy picked up from A1 comics from a large collection of pre-code they had purchased in the 90's.

tormented 1 001.jpg

Top 3 on my want list. Nice copy! 

23 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

My copy picked up from A1 comics from a large collection of pre-code they had purchased in the 90's.

tormented 1 001.jpg

Care to sell yours sir?

9 hours ago, Hap Hazard said:

tormented 1 001.jpg

Great looking copy!

One of my biggest collecting regrets is not winning a CGC 7.0 on eBay about 4 years ago. I was outbid by another boardie. I think it sold for around $350!

Here's my mid grade copy

image.jpg

19 hours ago, Jayman said:

They were delivered at the Height of company at my house. Just got a chance to open the box today! No high profile books, but only ones on my want list that I could realistically see myself winning...

I'm thrilled to death just to have been able to snag these three. Love 'em all but especially the Venus 18 as it completes my Venus 17, 18, 19 trifecta!:whee:

Great Haul Jay!  Really great books.

On 7/3/2017 at 3:41 PM, Jayman said:

Beautiful books! I just got a Venus #18 as well and same grade! what are the odds? :)