• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,224 posts in this topic

Nerv, Sorry about this. What a horrible situation. Having that trust broken hurts. 

Hope everything works out well and you get some cooperation in getting the books back. 

Edited by Darth Corgi

8 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

He's new.... he may not be sure whether or not he's being hustled himself...... it seems unlikely he would have posted them here had he known..... real bummer, Brett's one of my buddies and I, too, thought it was only heisted scans at first. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yeah...as a casual outside observer it sure looks like this guy is an unwitting dupe...hope you guys can work together with the police to get the perpetrator and repossess the books as well as get dreamtoreal's money back if he was unaware.

4 minutes ago, szavisca said:

Yeah...as a casual outside observer it sure looks like this guy is an unwitting dupe...hope you guys can work together with the police to get the perpetrator and repossess the books as well as get dreamtoreal's money back if he was unaware.

That may well be the case (and I hope it is), but Nerv has already stated that he has Pm'd Dreamtoreal1 and he had deleted himself from the conversation. I hope that it was just a knee jerk reaction from the realization of what has taken place and that he will eventually step up and do the right thing and cooperate! :wishluck:

13 minutes ago, Jayman said:

That may well be the case (and I hope it is), but Nerv has already stated that he has Pm'd Dreamtoreal1 and he had deleted himself from the conversation. I hope that it was just a knee jerk reaction from the realization of what has taken place and that he will eventually step up and do the right thing and cooperate! :wishluck:

Yeah hard to imagine what I'd do if I was accused of being in possession of thousands of dollars worth of allegedly stolen property....probably call a lawyer, the guy who sold it to me, and the cops...after I S*it myself first of course.  But like I said, causual outside observer here, I'm sure there's a lot more to this story...bad situation all around, hope its able to be resolved.

Edited by szavisca
because

10 hours ago, N e r V said:

Sorry for any derailment of this thread. It's always been a favourite. Thanks also for all the advice/support. It's why I hang out so much on the CGC boards. 

I'm working to get things resolved and I'll post more of the (hopefully) positive results later.  Not sure yet if I'll get everything back though. Fingers crossed there. It's a bit of a mess and something I'd wish on no collector to go through.

Lessons learned the hard way I guess.

Hope everything goes well for you moving forward . Good luck

11 hours ago, N e r V said:

Sorry for any derailment of this thread. It's always been a favourite. Thanks also for all the advice/support. It's why I hang out so much on the CGC boards. 

I'm working to get things resolved and I'll post more of the (hopefully) positive results later.  Not sure yet if I'll get everything back though. Fingers crossed there. It's a bit of a mess and something I'd wish on no collector to go through.

Lessons learned the hard way I guess.

I really feel for you. Losing books or stuff is bad enough but losing it to someone you trust is a whole other ball game. To be in this hobby you have to have trust and friends. Lots of money can be at stake. I have found that the folks who post here truly love this hobby and respect each other. You are among friends. Sounds like the guy on the other side has a real mess on his hands. Hopefully he does the right thing and this turns out OK for you.

On 7/8/2017 at 2:00 PM, Sqeggs said:

I don't recall this situation coming up before, but I would imagine if it were proven that a board member was trafficking in stolen books, he would be banned. Only the mods would be able to say, of course.

Banned?  I think a person like that should be taken out into the public square and stoned...just like they did in the good old days...hm