• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,192 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2017 at 6:55 PM, N e r V said:

A pick up today from Bedrock City at SDCC.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.3746e0c67f677de65d7128ea1743f02e.jpg

I actually held it in my hands for 5 minutes before dropping it off at CGC for grading. :frown:

A cover I've long admired and wanted though so I'm happy even though I have to wait a while to get it back....

How did I miss this post? Great to see you there, thanks, and please let me know how the grade matches up.

20 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I'm going to post this here because it is pre-code and the the cover is horrific...

silverstreak2.jpg

That there is one of those multiple choice covers that can work in more than one thread.

GA thread, Pre Code thread, silver logos thread, skull heads on the end of chains thread, evil monster thing  groping girl in one hand thread, shirtless guy thread, red robes thread, Skeltons in dress suits thread, girl practicing her yoga thread...............

Killer cover by Simon only trumped (meaning beat, not the current prez) by Cole's issue #6.

On 7/28/2017 at 7:42 PM, retrocomics said:

In the past few years we've seen across a number of GA genres that it only takes a small uptick in demand to send prices soaring, given how scarce many of these books are.  Yesterday's "cool cover available at a reasonable price" becomes today's "you gotta pay a :whatthe: price if you want a copy".

18 hours ago, X_Phile said:

Finally able to cross this one off my list. One of my favorite Cole covers. 

2017-08-01-0001.jpg

As hard as it would be to pick my Favorite LB Cole cover, I would have to have it in the top five. I was lucky enough to get mine in a trade from local "old guy" collector. He wasn't to impressed with it. I really had my poker face on that day.

38 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

As hard as it would be to pick my Favorite LB Cole cover, I would have to have it in the top five. I was lucky enough to get mine in a trade from local "old guy" collector. He wasn't to impressed with it. I really had my poker face on that day.

Yeah so many great covers. I really like the piercing blue eyes, just stand out to me.