• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

@Darth Corgi Looks like you cooked up some Black Magic this Halloween! Very nice! Love that first splash with Death and the train. The train looks like it might have been a photo stat of a real train instead of being hand drawn, what do you think?

30 minutes ago, Jayman said:

@Darth Corgi Looks like you cooked up some Black Magic this Halloween! Very nice! Love that first splash with Death and the train. The train looks like it might have been a photo stat of a real train instead of being hand drawn, what do you think?

I think so. Look at how the shadows are simplified. You can give it the  squint test and it looks photographic. Makes for an interesting graphic. Even though I posted cool splashes from this lot, there are so many great simple panels that are just terrific. Isolate them and they become little masterpieces. Especially the Kirby stories. Some of this stuff was really out there! Weird concepts...

5 minutes ago, Darth Corgi said:

I think so. Look at how the shadows are simplified. You can give it the  squint test and it looks photographic. Makes for an interesting graphic. Even though I posted cool splashes from this lot, there are so many great simple panels that are just terrific. Isolate them and they become little masterpieces. Especially the Kirby stories. Some of this stuff was really out there! Weird concepts...

Yeah, that Angel of Death as a giant insect/locust? Is pretty strange! (In a good way!) (thumbsu

31 minutes ago, Darth Corgi said:

Nice ones. Scifi interiors I believe. Haven't we seen that Rocket Moon creature on another Avon cover? Virtual NoPrize to whoever posts it first. ?

Actually two covers! :gossip: :hi:

IMG_4891.JPG

IMG_4892.JPG

A double NoPrize for Jayman! Well done. 

Theres an extra NoPrize in the envelope. Don't spend it all in one place. ?

Seriously though, these aliens are uglier than Skrulls. Cover of Flying Saucers 1 is the best rendering of them I believe. 

image.jpeg