• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Okeydoke said:

Blue Bolt Weird Tales of Terror #115. Nice L.B. Cole cover. Picked this up yesterday. Wish it was a little nicer, but it isn't too bad.

20170716_234137.jpg

Me likey! :headbang:

43 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Picked this one up from a boardie recently..

image.thumb.jpeg.a980140dd7608d29ce7841acb976ae9b.jpeg

Classic Lou Morales cover and along with Weird Chills 2, the most graphic injury to eye cover ever. Look at how the fingers pierce into the eyes! Simply a classic!!! Congrats!!!

I got this beauty in the mail today from England...one of the last pre-code issues I believe.  Fairly run of the mill Fine+ to F/VF I think, but the story doesn't get interesting until you look at the back cover.  There wasn't even a back cover scan on the listing when I bought it, so I was hoping for no surprises.  Well, I didn't get my wish.  There's a stamp on the bottom of the book.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a Northford?  No mention of a pedigree copy at all, frankly there wasn't much of a description period.  I guess I just got lucky!

BlackCat.51.jpg

BlackCat.51.back.jpg

38 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I got this beauty in the mail today from England...one of the last pre-code issues I believe.  Fairly run of the mill Fine+ to F/VF I think, but the story doesn't get interesting until you look at the back cover.  There wasn't even a back cover scan on the listing when I bought it, so I was hoping for no surprises.  Well, I didn't get my wish.  There's a stamp on the bottom of the book.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a Northford?  No mention of a pedigree copy at all, frankly there wasn't much of a description period.  I guess I just got lucky!

BlackCat.51.jpg

BlackCat.51.back.jpg

Yep, that's the Northford stamp. Congrats! ^^

Also here's an interesting link to one of the stories in this issue...

Edited by Jayman

4 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

BlackCat.51.jpg

BlackCat.51.back.jpg

Nice!  Always fun to unexpectedly stumble on a pedigree copy. 

23 minutes ago, N e r V said:

A pick up today from Bedrock City at SDCC.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.3746e0c67f677de65d7128ea1743f02e.jpg

I actually held it in my hands for 5 minutes before dropping it off at CGC for grading. :frown:

A cover I've long admired and wanted though so I'm happy even though I have to wait a while to get it back....

I understand it was probably far easier to drop off for grading there, but I'd be sorely tempted to bring that one home to read first. Great pickup! :headbang:

1 minute ago, Jayman said:

I understand it was probably far easier to drop off for grading there, but I'd be sorely tempted to bring that one home to read first. Great pickup! :headbang:

That and I had to go straight back to standing in line for Saturday's hall H so I was concerned about carrying it around. I actually have access to a friends low grade reader though so I might read it while I'm waiting. He's got a complete run of readers on that title.

4 minutes ago, N e r V said:

9 minutes ago, Jayman said:

That and I had to go straight back to standing in line for Saturday's hall H so I was concerned about carrying it around. I actually have access to a friends low grade reader though so I might read it while I'm waiting. He's got a complete run of readers on that title.

Nice! (thumbsu