• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,192 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, The-Collector said:

A true classic. So happy to have a decent copy of this one!!

war comics 11_1.jpeg

As horrific as this cover is, the things that stand out to me is the fact that Heath was respectful enough to draw the U.S. Soldiers with a solemn expression and not laughing or cheering about revenge. He also takes the time to throwin a nice detailed rifle and of course, the roasted corpse in the lower left knocks it out of the park! Great book! :applause:

On 1/13/2019 at 12:30 PM, Point Five said:

Very cool! (It looks like both books have color touchups... I assume you guys know that but just in case.)

The creasing is super weird. I'd throw out a wild guess of a production problem with the cover stock, just because it seems like it would be difficult to crease them by hand so many times and so finely.

Yeah it was well documented in the description on the CT. I really have been looking for one so couldn't pass up a nice affordable copy until I can upgrade. It really is baffling as to what happened. I don't think they were folded accordion style but they could have been. I was think more along the lines of the books being underneath something that was being worked on where they were using a ruler and drawing lines or something. Curious how CGC will grade them.  

14 hours ago, X_Phile said:

Yeah it was well documented in the description on the CT. I really have been looking for one so couldn't pass up a nice affordable copy until I can upgrade. It really is baffling as to what happened. I don't think they were folded accordion style but they could have been. I was think more along the lines of the books being underneath something that was being worked on where they were using a ruler and drawing lines or something. Curious how CGC will grade them.  

I’m curious as well.  I sent the COC 19 to CGC last week.  Hopefully I get some information soon.

On 1/23/2019 at 3:23 PM, originalisbest said:

Not recent at all, but I remember well getting it from Ed Jaster -- I was so pleased then to be able to get a great copy of a book I'd admired in an Overstreet color gallery from years before -- still am!

gh-2.png

I love it , i already owned one , i was thinking about getting the CGC 4.5 at mycomicshop , then someone brought it at ebay and paid $2,000

4 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I love it , i already owned one , i was thinking about getting the CGC 4.5 at mycomicshop , then someone brought it at ebay and paid $2,000

...wow!

On 1/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, atomised said:

Thanks.  I now have all the books I have framed on the wall and this was some extra motivation.  

yep.jpg

that's awesome! 

that black table looks like korean:) I'm korean and I have a table that looks almost identical:)