• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

Yup, that's right. That's another "rarer" book and generally in tatters (except your copy). hm Maybe, as you suggest, the problem was more extensive than we thought originally.

It's a very reasonable explanation for the problem and, though it does not involve Action 1, was nonetheless an interesting topic of discussion. (thumbs u

That's exactly what I was trying to determine...other maintstream pre-code horror books that are unusually hard to find.....like World's of Fear #2.

I found some for sale on ebay, and one on Metropolis and they are all rags...except Adamstranges and this one...

worlds_of_fear.jpg

Fawcett Movie Comics #15 - Man From Planet X - was also cover dated Febuary 1952. It is another of those impossible to find in high grade Fawcetts from that time period. Even the Crowley copies exhibited extensive spine splitting leading me to believe that Fawcett just used a really bad batch of paper stock for that issue, and possibly all issues printed that month.

I don't have one but it is a pretty nice cover.

4127920089_ce7866fc19_o.jpg

The cover's there which is pretty important with that book! :applause:

IMG_0002.jpg

Fight Against Crime 7.5....could be pressed into an 8.0...im sure this isnt the highest grade out there...:)

fightcrime0001.jpg

Wow, very nice, looks like you got a good deal as well. It seems to have those yellow blotches that I've seen on a few other copies. Strange that some copies have them and others dont. LMK when you get bored of it so I can sell my 4.5 in preparation. That CSS 22 is really nice as well.

Edited by Twistty1