• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,226 posts in this topic

There is a HORRIFIC 3 on ebay right now ...with only about 20 minutes left.

IT's a CGC 5.0 CRM/OW

It's sitting at 542.00 ...I wonder what it will end at ?

WOW... it ended at $826.00

I asked the seller to send me some normal looking scans, if they have one.

The scans on ebay were terrible.

Edited by ajaxfarrell

Number 16 is a recent purchase from Comiclink. I picked up the 18 about a year or two back and never posted it so figured I'd put it up since I was posting the other. Not high grade books but I like them.

MM16.jpg

MM16Front.jpg

There is a HORRIFIC 3 on ebay right now ...with only about 20 minutes left.

IT's a CGC 5.0 CRM/OW

It's sitting at 542.00 ...I wonder what it will end at ?

WOW... it ended at $826.00

I asked the seller to send me some normal looking scans, if they have one.

The scans on ebay were terrible.

Horrific 3 (regardless of it being a portion of the War Fury cover) is very hard to find in high grade. I don't believe I've ever seen anything over VG.

That particular copy, while not in the greatest shape, had a very nice deep green to the cover; which is the first copy I've ever seen with that quality. Every single other copy I've seen has had at least some fading.

That particular copy, while not in the greatest shape, had a very nice deep green to the cover; which is the first copy I've ever seen with that quality. Every single other copy I've seen has had at least some fading.

If it really is a 5.0, I don't think that $800+ is out of line at all.

If it really is a 5.0, I don't think that $800+ is out of line at all.

I agree. The only other copy I've seen that wasn't trashed was the Bethlehem (I think) which was faded, but in the 7.0 or 8.0 range. It's out there in slab land.

It's really an interesting book, not hard to find in 3.0 or less, but virtually nonexistent above that.

I don't usually buy war books... but I couldn't pass on this one: one of the best war covers I've seen. It's a solid 9.2, too. And an OO stamp on the inside cover! Coolio.

Two-Fisted30F.jpg

That is a gorgeous copy Mio. I have a nice copy too but no where close to a 9.2. I think that is probably one of the top 5 EC covers for me, but that's just me.

I agree...almost every copy I've seen has fading from the top to about the middle of the book...it usually turns a gross brown color....this copy is nice and GREEN

horrific3.jpg

My copy also has a brownish tone in some areas of the cover.