• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

Another sweet Anderson cover!

Amazing that the later issues of JIUW are not in the Gerber Photo-Guides.

Gerber is comprehensive through the end of the prime era of the Church Collection in 52/53. After that it's very spotty.

True - though it does seem kind of random as to which titles were shown in their entirety and which weren't - I'm guessing if they'd been published a decade later, after PCH had cemented it's popularity among collectors, that the Gerbers would have shown the covers of all the PCH books (barring the odd no show).

I know DC pre code horror is not as popular as just about any other company, but these are really cool books. Yes, you won't see a severed head, but they are filled with atmosphere & great art. Here are 4 I got in recently...

This is a really tough book to track down, and a great cover by Ely with great color choices

Untitled6.jpg

Edited by shiverbones

Another very tough one to find.

This was the 1st pre code DC I had, I got one back in 6th grade. In 7th grade I traded it away, and haven't had one since. Maybe not the coolest cover in the run, but one I am happy to have again. I am about to turn 37 :cloud9:

Untitled7.jpg

Edited by shiverbones

Reminds of the type of covers that Ace had. Very nice! :applause:

One of their creepier covers

Untitled-9-3.jpg

Reminds of the type of covers that Ace had. Very nice! :applause:

One of their creepier covers

Untitled-9-3.jpg

+1

I'm also digging that clock cover as well! Very cool books Matt. These have been pretty low on my radar but I might have to keep an eye out for them.