• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, fifties said:

I got on eBay 20 years ago (my kid set it up for me, computer, internet), and immediately began tracking and buying comic books.  I think I slowed down maybe 8 years later, but obviously have continued buying them.  eBay is my main source, although I used to go to the Shrine comic book meet in downtown "al-eh" every few months, and of course local and online dealers.  I completed the FAC run at least 10 years ago, so since I can't remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, would be hard pressed to tell you how long it took, but as my VG copy of #20 cost me the ungodly sum of $250, I would have to say it was the toughest one.  I felt great getting #17, another tough one with a terrific cover, and #7 because it wasn't in Ernie Gerber's Photo Journal.

Fight Against Crime 17.jpg

Thank you for such an in-depth answer. People on those Fight Against Crime covers seem to have just the worst kind of luck, don't they? Either that or really bad timing! lol

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

1 hour ago, Johnny545 said:

Here is another tough one (all the superior are tough really).  I am sure the crossover PCH/GGA crowd will love it:

XPrVoVa.jpg?1

I've got nine strange mysteries. I don't have the two you have shown though. Superior may be my favorite company. Very weird monsters in the stories. I love it

2 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

Here is another tough one (all the superior are tough really).  I am sure the crossover PCH/GGA crowd will love it:

XPrVoVa.jpg?1

The Rat Men of Paris is classic!