• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2018 at 9:11 PM, mustang33guy said:

Found some great books at NYCC on Friday! Here are the choice pch pickups: 

Great stuff.  (thumbsu  Maybe it's me, but relative to how many quality GA-carrying dealers were at NYCC, I really thought the precode horror selection was quite lean compared to past years. I was happy to find (and afford) anything at all.

17 hours ago, Point Five said:

Great stuff.  (thumbsu  Maybe it's me, but relative to how many quality GA-carrying dealers were at NYCC, I really thought the precode horror selection was quite lean compared to past years. I was happy to find (and afford) anything at all.

Thanks Point Five! And yes I tend to agree that PCH was a bit leaner than previously. I am very selective with my PCH books as I only look for the certain ones on my list so I might have looked past a lot of horror books that others would have picked up. I found overall that not only were the GA wall books fantastic but I found many of my best pickups dumpster diving through the short/long boxes. I would guess 75% of them.

I often find at cons that some of my favorite purchases come from thumbing the boxes. A lot of folks are too lazy to dig, prefering to wander the isles looking at pretty wall books instead. Often, great books get over looked in the boxes. My interests are pretty varied. As long as they are GA books I will look through most of the boxes. You never know what you will find. 

20 hours ago, Point Five said:

PCH is ON FIRE!  Almost any title and grade horror book flies out of my boxes when I do a show. Easily, the most requested genre. I just can't replace them fast enough. And as such, I don't have to discount them much if at all. 

14 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Got this in the mail today. Canadian edition of the second issue of The Haunt of Fear. A really great read.

E2fQMd.jpg

Very nice!

Curious, are the contents different or the same as the US version with these Canadian editions?

5 hours ago, Jayman said:

Very nice!

Curious, are the contents different or the same as the US version with these Canadian editions?

This particular issue is the same. But some aren't. I have a Weird Fantasy 1 that has Weird Science 1 as its interior.