Recent Pre-Code Purchases
42 42

18,451 posts in this topic

14,927 posts
1 hour ago, mstrange said:

Venus.jpg

Wonderful copy!

What would you grade it at? Looks at least 8.0 from the pic, congrats! :applause:

1,063 posts
25 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Wonderful copy!

What would you grade it at? Looks at least 8.0 from the pic, congrats! :applause:

It's higher grade but not sure what it would grade out at.  Has some small color breaking crease in the lower left corner of the book.  Otherwise book looks fantastic.  Retains it's original gloss and color interior White pages with bright colors.  Want to hold onto it raw for awhile.

3,549 posts
1 hour ago, mstrange said:

Venus.jpg

Wow, don't think I've ever seen that book in this grade.  Just awesome!  What cold dead hand did you pry that from?

14,927 posts
6 minutes ago, mstrange said:

It's higher grade but not sure what it would grade out at.  Has some small color breaking crease in the lower left corner of the book.  Otherwise book looks fantastic.  Retains it's original gloss and color interior White pages with bright colors.  Want to hold onto it raw for awhile.

Absolutely! There are some great stories in this book and Everett at his peak at Atlas IMHO! All I can see is that left lower corner crunch as well, very sweet copy and one I would hold on to.

1,063 posts
3 hours ago, Jayman said:

Absolutely! There are some great stories in this book and Everett at his peak at Atlas IMHO! All I can see is that left lower corner crunch as well, very sweet copy and one I would hold on to.

(thumbsu

3,650 posts
On 3/21/2019 at 9:07 PM, X_Phile said:

Great book. Congrats. High on my want list for sure. 

REALLY tough and one of the best Voodoo's IMO. The one that sold on eBay for $1600+ was a gem, and so is yours! There's now a 1.8 ish one on eBay, but not what I'd want to pay for that condition/appearance.

3,650 posts
21 hours ago, Jayman said:

Scans are gone for me now, but that was indeed a sweet Venus #19. Never did get a copy -- was offered one years ago, but the chunk out of the cover was just too big for me, aesthetically.

14,927 posts
20 minutes ago, originalisbest said:

Scans are gone for me now, but that was indeed a sweet Venus #19. Never did get a copy -- was offered one years ago, but the chunk out of the cover was just too big for me, aesthetically.

Probably a good idea to take the scan down on a book like that as too many PM inquiries would follow.

Here is a sample of some of the great Everett art inside though...

Venus19Story4pg01_zps3a4a0053.jpg

14,927 posts
1 hour ago, originalisbest said:
2 hours ago, Point Five said:

I like the mansplaining skeleton on this one.  lol

mysteriousadvs17.jpg.91a85ac7a8956fc9d2d4416b24ebff55.jpg

Oh yeah! One of the best MA's! You're posting some home runs here. :)

Mysterious-Adventures_17_Front.jpg

Triple Wedding! :banana:

MysteriousAdventures17_zpsd143a1c7.jpg

5,389 posts
On 3/26/2019 at 1:54 PM, mstrange said:

:banana:

Beautiful copy mark.

1,063 posts
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Jayman said:

Probably a good idea to take the scan down on a book like that as too many PM inquiries would follow.

Here is a sample of some of the great Everett art inside though...

Venus19Story4pg01_zps3a4a0053.jpg

Sorry guys, Yes was asked by seller to remove it.  

Edited by mstrange
editing

2,244 posts

When I saw this image of All-True Crime 27 at a recent HA auction, I had to have the book, but it was getting bid beyond what I wanted to pay, so I found one at Metropolis, made them an offer of $67, and here it B!  HA's went for $210, and it doesn't seem to be as nice as this one.  The electric chair in the forefront  makes this book just creepy, lol!

All-True Crime 27.jpg

5,389 posts
42 minutes ago, fifties said:

When I saw this image of All-True Crime 27 at a recent HA auction, I had to have the book, but it was getting bid beyond what I wanted to pay, so I found one at Metropolis, made them an offer of $67, and here it B!  HA's went for $210, and it doesn't seem to be as nice as this one.  The electric chair in the forefront  makes this book just creepy, lol!

All-True Crime 27.jpg

Agreed, I have a copy of this book as well. I should search out my scan. Very eerie cover.