Recent Pre-Code Purchases
42 42

18,451 posts in this topic

751 posts
On 5/31/2019 at 10:33 PM, shiverbones said:

And this under rated gem which has one of the most messed up stories of all time about a man cursed to never die, who is hung, runs around with his head backwards, then catches fire and has his flesh half burned off 

 

5C8A2BD9-2B18-4862-9BDB-115A357D196C.jpeg

 

 

 

This guy gets it ;)  excellent taste.


Here was my recent purchase that just arrived yesterday. I'm hoping to get the entire run (in fact, I have a post on this in the WTB forum)

20190602_002044.thumb.jpg.7845eb7480fce1e9ad356d2a90df9bac.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,499 posts
On 5/31/2019 at 10:33 PM, shiverbones said:

And this under rated gem which has one of the most messed up stories of all time about a man cursed to never die, who is hung, runs around with his head backwards, then catches fire and has his flesh half burned off 

 

5C8A2BD9-2B18-4862-9BDB-115A357D196C.jpeg

18B59EA5-D016-4DA0-B6D8-A1A023311B40.jpeg

80D2D20C-8E2F-4D70-AEC5-E5146DB6BDA7.jpeg

D302C159-B8B3-4C96-84D8-F0C32707F23E.jpeg

Great to see you back on here Matthew @shiverbones ! Place hasn’t been the same without ya. Still a classic issue and a horrific story. Hope you’ve been well!

The Saunders painted covers really makes this run standout imo. Plus those shiny Fawcett inks are :cloud9:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,546 posts

Can you imagine what some of the PCH stories like the above would look like if someone decided to film a live action version of them?

Try airing that on Netflix for the snowflake generation...:devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,959 posts
6 hours ago, Darth Corgi said:

Great to see you back on here Matthew @shiverbones ! Place hasn’t been the same without ya. Still a classic issue and a horrific story. Hope you’ve been well!

The Saunders painted covers really makes this run standout imo. Plus those shiny Fawcett inks are :cloud9:

Thanks Christian!

Yeah the Saunders covers are among my faves! Happy to have one again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,244 posts
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

This guy gets it ;)  excellent taste.


Here was my recent purchase that just arrived yesterday. I'm hoping to get the entire run (in fact, I have a post on this in the WTB forum)

20190602_002044.thumb.jpg.7845eb7480fce1e9ad356d2a90df9bac.jpg

Here's mine;  I'd say the second in the run is the toughest one to get.

Another World.JPG

Edited by fifties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
751 posts

Nice! I have the Unknown World #1 on order - just taking its sweet slow time getting to me. Once I complete the raw set I am really tempted to try for a mid-to-high grade CGC set. Love the covers so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
233 posts
5 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

I don’t post books until they’ve actually arrived but I have to make an exception. Got this thing from heritage last night. So freaking cool and crazy. Never saw it before. Don’t care that it’s restored, it’s just so bonkers nuts. Love it when I come across something out of the blue like this. Enjoy!

60909A9F-DF84-4609-836F-ACDC04047CB0.png

I had my "eyes" on this as well. Nice purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,927 posts
8 hours ago, Mucheee1 said:

Just arrived in the mail today ...

 

JIM5.jpg

One of my favorite Atlas books, congrats! The way Everett rendered the shrouded skeletal figures in the background almost has a pastel look to it. Amazing detail! :applause:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122 posts
On 6/3/2019 at 9:13 PM, Jayman said:

One of my favorite Atlas books, congrats! The way Everett rendered the shrouded skeletal figures in the background almost has a pastel look to it. Amazing detail! :applause:

The color design on JIM 5 is also my favorite. The vignettes on the left border also by Everett, are perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,223 posts
On 6/3/2019 at 12:52 PM, Black Bat said:

I don’t post books until they’ve actually arrived but I have to make an exception. Got this thing from heritage last night. So freaking cool and crazy. Never saw it before. Don’t care that it’s restored, it’s just so bonkers nuts. Love it when I come across something out of the blue like this. Enjoy!

 

C6E3708A-9B46-4A02-B462-46D4D822664D.jpeg

Congrats! :applause:

Really tough book I've found to get in any presentable form.  Seems they may have had lower distribution near the end of the CMJR runs (shrug) Either way; this one is a fave of mine as well.

I also find that I am a sucker for Golden Age Yellow covers....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
654 posts
2 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Astonishing 32

IMG_E8732.JPG

great cover, but this one always confused me.  That's clearly a werewolf on the cover and not a vampire.  Am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,959 posts

Very little on the cover to show that it’s a western, and half of the book is pch style anthology stories “tales of the ghost rider”

 

E68B0EFF-4738-4944-904D-0691ECD15160.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shiverbones said:

Very little on the cover to show that it’s a western, and half of the book is pch style anthology stories “tales of the ghost rider”

 

E68B0EFF-4738-4944-904D-0691ECD15160.jpeg

Everybody jumped on the Horror train in the early 50's.

 

ghost rider10.jpg

Edited by Hap Hazard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
787 posts
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Astonishing 32

IMG_E8732.JPG

Nice book! but I'm feeling a urge for a large doughnut/donut!

 

 

Edited by Hap Hazard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
42 42