• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Just got one of these, but I can't remember which one...

journeyintofear02.jpg

This one is a lowly 6.5 so if it's hurting you to have,it's right up my alley.Nice round number are what's HEP

And,well,shucks,I likes it best of the two...although date stamps REALLY turn me on!

Edited by porcupine48

This is interesting; the seller says it's a cover proof for Unseen #14.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buy-Offer-Unseen-14-Cover-Proof-Standard-Pre-Code-Horror-Skull-Skeleton-Cvr/202888930442?hash=item2f3d1f648a:g:lPUAAOSwbY5eFVxO

Hard to know what is being shown here, but there is no age toning, markups or anything else you might expect to see on a 1950s publication piece. Idly curious, is there a chance it's original? Is it perhaps a proof from a page of a later comics reprint volume?

8 minutes ago, Point Five said:

This is interesting; the seller says it's a cover proof for Unseen #14.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Buy-Offer-Unseen-14-Cover-Proof-Standard-Pre-Code-Horror-Skull-Skeleton-Cvr/202888930442?hash=item2f3d1f648a:g:lPUAAOSwbY5eFVxO

Hard to know what is being shown here, but there is no age toning, markups or anything else you might expect to see on a 1950s publication piece. Idly curious, is there a chance it's original? Is it perhaps a proof from a page of a later comics reprint volume?

I wish I knew!It just looks like some sort of repro to me.All the proofs I have are the negative b/w plastics.Would the fine folks in the OA section be able to help do you think?

On 1/22/2020 at 1:27 PM, MrBedrock said:

Just got one of these, but I can't remember which one...

journeyintofear02.jpg

strangemysteries20.jpg

Wow I never noticed that before and I have both of those. I thought that only happened on the Eerie covers (issues 5 & 9), but this is much more blatant!  At least Superior waited three years before resurrecting her (Avon did both their dupes in 1952). Crazy. Gonna display mine together now, sort of like identical twins separated at birth, raised in different families...Thanks for posting!

Edited by Black Bat