• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,187 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Jayman said:

Love that Shrunken Skull story! If I’m not mistaken, that story is the one that’s reprinted/redrawn in the Eerie Pub mags. (thumbsu

I need to work on those,something I've neglected.Not far off though as I've started to refocus on Charlton,DC,GK( lol ) horror from the bronze era.Affordable,gotta be ahead,heard before the heard like

On 2/6/2020 at 12:58 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Got back my first direct submission to CGC (still not word on the other submissions I did through a LCS last June). Very close in what I was expecting the grades to be, but a little disappointed in the True Love Problems grade as it seems I missed a very tiny split in the top spine they found which knocked it down. The Airboy would have been nice to be tied for highest grade, but with the chipping on the right it was more of a dream-gamble (but still happy with it as it was just for my personal collection, as this is my favourite Heap issue & cover). Love the colours on both of them.

newCGC.thumb.jpg.8f3285e92aa4435b9dc5d060596ce9a5.jpg

Great books! I'm especially fond of the Airboy. Gotta love The Heap!

6 hours ago, Supernerd said:

Great score & impossible book! I have never found a copy of WoF 2 in any grade :sorry:

Awhile back I was looking for random stuff on goldenagecomics.com and he had listed that issue, but with a DOUBLE COVER. I was honestly floored and contacted him about it (and a few other things) to buy it...

...alas, after looking around I was told it must have been a listing mistake and they didn't have that issue. Damn collecting heart attack.

1 hour ago, X_Phile said:

Finally able to check this one off my PC list. Been on there quite a while. Usually the underbidder or a few minutes late when offered for sale on the boards. Love this cover, and the colors are strong. 

2020-02-10-0001.thumb.jpg.9f26156b748d6c62b1510c5cd473c6bb.jpg  

And I always enjoy a great skeleton cover 

2020-02-08-0001.thumb.jpg.64b6a646f6f3162af95944b16434e987.jpg

Thrilling Crime Cases 49 is the toughest of the run to collect, and that copy is really nice, congrats!

On 2/10/2020 at 9:42 PM, fifties said:

Thrilling Crime Cases 49 is the toughest of the run to collect, and that copy is really nice, congrats!

Thank you. Colors have much more pop in hand. I fixed my scanner settings. Realized for some reason after 3 yeras they went back to old default settings. Was wondering wh2020-02-13-0010.thumb.jpg.c6289b504ab877d6b648450225dd4374.jpgy all scans seemed so dark. 

Edited by X_Phile

6 minutes ago, Point Five said:

3 here. :hi: Some in the 20s were gone the instant I saw them. Awesome run. 

The 21 looked nice. And I like how there were grades given but wish there was less cropping. I was waiting on the 26 and didn’t refresh in time.

Which ones?