• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Finally got around to bagging and cataloging a bunch of raw GA from last year. Here' s the PCH pile- love seeing them spread out together.  Got another pile of crime/jungle/misc and some Coles I'm gonna post on the Cole thread.  It's nice to step back and soak it in now and then.  It's weird but I don't get the same satisfaction laying out the slabbed stuff.  Too much plastic, not enough paper?

IMG_E6311.JPG

Nice! I have 2 out of every row! :smile:

13 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Finally got around to bagging and cataloging a bunch of raw GA from last year. Here' s the PCH pile- love seeing them spread out together.  Got another pile of crime/jungle/misc and some Coles I'm gonna post on the Cole thread.  It's nice to step back and soak it in now and then.  It's weird but I don't get the same satisfaction laying out the slabbed stuff.  Too much plastic, not enough paper?

IMG_E6311.JPG

You're catching up to me!  ;)  Only one there I don't have, the Adv into Terror; had it but sold it sometime back.

Edited by fifties

2 hours ago, fifties said:

You're catching up to me!  ;)  Only one there I don't have, the Adv into Terror; had it but sold it sometime back.

Ha ha- I doubt that, and the AIT just came up as a fluke when I was talking with another collector.  Sharp copy too.

On 2/27/2020 at 5:44 AM, Black Bat said:

IMG_E6311.JPG

Great group (worship)

Quite a few there that I still need :(

20 hours ago, fifties said:

Came in today;  Thought I would never get a copy.

Adv Into Weird Worlds 1.jpg

How do you rate the stories? Personally I like the side panel pics better than the main cover image on this one. The Mad Killer is too creepy and the woman at the bottom is just as spooky! (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Jayman said:

How do you rate the stories? Personally I like the side panel pics better than the main cover image on this one. The Mad Killer is too creepy and the woman at the bottom is just as spooky! (thumbsu

Frankly, the stories suck.  Damn near post code material.  I do like the main cover image though, and the fact that it's a number one.

11 hours ago, fifties said:

Frankly, the stories suck.  Damn near post code material.  I do like the main cover image though, and the fact that it's a number one.

Disappointing that the stories aren’t good. I know from your posts that you very much value the content of these books and I have come to trust your opinion! I love Maneely’s work, however I don’t think this cover is one of his best by a long shot. The Dino’s (T Rex?) arms are just all wrong. They seem twisted into a forced perspective. Then add in the human like anatomy on them just looks silly to me. My 2c

2 hours ago, Jayman said:

Disappointing that the stories aren’t good. I know from your posts that you very much value the content of these books and I have come to trust your opinion! I love Maneely’s work, however I don’t think this cover is one of his best by a long shot. The Dino’s (T Rex?) arms are just all wrong. They seem twisted into a forced perspective. Then add in the human like anatomy on them just looks silly to me. My 2c

No argument that it's not one of Joe's best cover renditions, and the Dino limbs look weird, but actually that's what I like about it, and the color.  Speaking of stories, the best PCH Atlas I've read, with ALL great stories, would be Suspense 19.

23 hours ago, fifties said:

No argument that it's not one of Joe's best cover renditions, and the Dino limbs look weird, but actually that's what I like about it, and the color.  Speaking of stories, the best PCH Atlas I've read, with ALL great stories, would be Suspense 19.

That’s a good one, I think adventures into weird worlds 6 and men’s adventures 23 are right up there