• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

Great book! Looks pretty good; what do you grade it?

Thanks! It’s got a bit of old water damage to the back cover but is decent otherwise. I think it’s about 1.8-2.0.

41 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I was just referring to its general overall appearance; the right edge looked clean, the spine looked solid, etc.

That's why I inquired about his assigned grade.

But you are 100% right.

Take it out of the damn bag, Mysterio!

All those observations are solid, but he was right. When I took the photo it was still in the fairly gnarly bag the guy had had it in. As soon as it was mine it was swapped into a fresh one. 

Edited by mysterio

Ok, this question is about ST115 and not St110, but I thought this thread would be the best place to ask....

I have an ST115 9.4 and when I check GPA there has not been a sale since 2013.   Since GPA doesn't show all sales data, does anyone happen to know the prices of any 9.4s that have sold recently that weren't submitted to GPA?  

P1120165.jpg

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Ok, this question is about ST115 and not St110, but I thought this thread would be the best place to ask....

I have an ST115 9.4 and when I check GPA there has not been a sale since 2013.   Since GPA doesn't show all sales data, does anyone happen to know the prices of any 9.4s that have sold recently that weren't submitted to GPA?  

P1120165.jpg

First of all congrats on a beautiful book!

ST #115 is on my want list -- I've been looking for a 9.0 or possibly a 9.4 -- and I personally haven't seen a 9.4 sale in the past year (this of course doesn't mean there wasn't one).  I do know that Greg Reece has a copy similar to yours (9.4 OW) and he's asking $10,000 for it:  http://reececomics.com/product/strange_tales_115_cgc_9_4_ow_pages/

Personally when I saw that price I fell out of my chair.  I guess there's no way to know if the price is "valid" until and unless somebody actually pays it.

Hope that helps?

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

7 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

First of all congrats on a beautiful book!

ST #115 is on my want list -- I've been looking for a 9.0 or possibly a 9.4 -- and I personally haven't seen a 9.4 sale in the past year (this of course doesn't mean there wasn't one).  I do know that Greg Reece has a copy similar to yours (9.4 OW) and he's asking $10,000 for it:  http://reececomics.com/product/strange_tales_115_cgc_9_4_ow_pages/

Personally when I saw that price I fell out of my chair.  I guess there's no way to know if the price is "valid" until and unless somebody actually pays it.

Hope that helps?

Yes, this helps.  I was guessing around $8000.  So a $10k asking price validates my guess.

By the way..... ST 115 is still a VERY affordable book to pick up in most grades.

Edited by gadzukes

10 hours ago, gadzukes said:

Last one I saw sell went for $6,600. I don't recall however which auction house or exactly how long ago.  2 years ago maybe.  Anyway, I noted down the price at the time because I have the pacific coast 9.4 copy myself.

Edited by SilverAgeGuy
more info