• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2021 at 9:09 AM, MTMcomics said:

Meanwhile, a 5.0 WPs sold for $3,750. I have no idea why anyone actually buys from comicmylars when he charges double what books are worth.

That business plan must be working for them as they are still around charging their exorbitant prices.  Which of those was a ComicMylars buy?  The 5.0 or the 6.5?

6 hours ago, Grendel4 said:

Here's mine.  Shame about the chipping (was a 7.5 restored with minor colour touch that turned into quite a lot of colour touch!!)20161022_125755_IMG_0950.thumb.JPG.0f94011503cc1d7eaa4474081ad1bc24.JPG

I still think it was worthwhile for you to get the restoration removed.  I’d rather have your copy than a restored 9.2 personally.  Congratulations 

7 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Nice!  I bet it was a good price back then

Yeah at a 6.5 it was down to around 3 and I had been shopping for a copy around the time the movie came out and was happy to pick one up when the hype died down a bit. The copies I had been trying to get around the time of the movie kept going up into the 4,000's! One of the few times that waiting paid off in the last while.  :)

Sorry to hear about the 'new' $15k pricing, rabidwolf -- and I was suprised to see on the census that an 8.0 is actually in the top 10% of graded copies.  I didn't know it was that tough in HG.

Dan

21 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Sorry to hear about the 'new' $15k pricing, rabidwolf -- and I was suprised to see on the census that an 8.0 is actually in the top 10% of graded copies.  I didn't know it was that tough in HG.

Dan

Could be a covid outlier. In that case a correction will happen post pandemic.

3 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

Could be a covid outlier. In that case a correction will happen post pandemic.

Unfortunately dont think so - these have been jumping in all grades across the board in the last month or so. Knew these were going to bump up after DD 1 skyrocketed - I should have upgraded my mid-grade sooner

1 hour ago, rabidwolf said:

Unfortunately dont think so - these have been jumping in all grades across the board in the last month or so. Knew these were going to bump up after DD 1 skyrocketed - I should have upgraded my mid-grade sooner

Im just not completely convinced that these 300% increases across many books in just months are sustainable. When the crypto-investors and sportscard-dudes decide to clear the stage, there will be a correction imho. Anyway, Id be reluctant to buy in on the top now and then be left holdin the bag when people head for the exit post covid.