• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

On 6/5/2013 at 3:56 PM, pmpknface said:

I've been playing on this section of the boards for a bit now and haven't seen a thread for the 1st appearance of Doctor Strange and I think it's about time! So if you've got a copy of Strange Tales #110 that you'd like to post and share, this is the place!

Here's my copy:

20130129_195800.jpg

20130129_195830.jpg

20130129_195921.jpg

20130129_195938.jpg

(If this is a dupe thread, please feel free to ignore / delete me)

Beautiful copy.  If you ever decide to sell please keep me in mind.  I am actively looking for a mid - high grade copy.  Thank you.

14 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

If you can’t own the best graded copy in the club at least you can own the worst. Lol. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

:applause:lol:tonofbricks:

7 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

If you can’t own the best graded copy in the club at least you can own the worst. Lol. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

The correct back cover would be easy to find for this one.  I don't know what it is off hand but a little research will reveal it.  Replace the back cover and it'll probably instantly go to the coveted 1.0 grade.

7 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

If only more pages had chunks missing, you might have the only slabbed copy of ST #110 in history where you can actually see Dr. Strange.

7 hours ago, gadzukes said:

The correct back cover would be easy to find for this one.  I don't know what it is off hand but a little research will reveal it.  Replace the back cover and it'll probably instantly go to the coveted 1.0 grade.

This is the way

9 hours ago, gadzukes said:

I've never attempted anything like this.  Is it really easy to find a loose back cover for a Strange Tales #110 (or any other 60-year old comic)?  How would you go about doing that?

Just now, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I've never attempted anything like this.  Is it really easy to find a loose back cover for a Strange Tales #110 (or any other 60-year old comic)?  How would you go about doing that?

You don't find a "loose" back cover.  ST110 shared it's back cover with maybe 3 other marvel comics from the same month.  Some of the other titles will be attainable for next to nothing.... like a Kid Colt, Millie, etc....  Just spend $10 to get one of those titles and use the back cover for your ST110.

3 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

You don't find a "loose" back cover.  ST110 shared it's back cover with maybe 3 other marvel comics from the same month.  Some of the other titles will be attainable for next to nothing.... like a Kid Colt, Millie, etc....  Just spend $10 to get one of those titles and use the back cover for your ST110.

Oh, that's the kind of thing that would haunt my dreams.  While attaching that other back cover I might as well add another 4-page backup story where some evil sprit punishes me for what I'd just done.

16 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Oh, that's the kind of thing that would haunt my dreams.  While attaching that other back cover I might as well add another 4-page backup story where some evil sprit punishes me for what I'd just done.

I just looked it up...... ST110 shares the EXACT same back cover as Kid Colt 111 (you have to be careful and compare the "code identifiers" that are usually in the address boxes of the ads.  And you also have to identify the inner back cover images too).  Ebay doesn't have a KC111 listed right now but with a little patience you could find a copy for around $10.  In this instance you don't even have to find a nice copy because the front cover of the St110 is so bad.

Edited by gadzukes

3 minutes ago, Dave Henson said:

I picked up these two about 25 years ago. I was a big Doctor Strange collector and ST110 seemed impossible to find. I found the 7.0 at a show setup inside a mall in Chattanooga . I didn’t see another copy until a few years later when I found the 8.5 at a show in Atlanta. It was $1,200 and I grabbed it. I walked a few tables away and another dealer had one. Looked to be in the same grade and was also $1,200. I just couldn’t afford another $1,200 at the time. 

I’ve always felt Doctor Strange has been undervalued and under appreciated. 

38B886C1-D60C-4442-AB32-77C3C8A3D4D2.thumb.jpeg.bdb2d7c45ef6403c090a8c5b726d8e3a.jpeg

6E6CFFED-9B00-48BF-8B1E-DF29BAF205F1.thumb.jpeg.bde8376aef04bb3270ebf8ecf1cf6101.jpeg

dang. those are beautiful

$13k plus on clink for a 7.5 cr-ow 

continues a nice steady climb 

looks like need to pull the trigger on an 8.0 before it becomes out of reach 

still upset at myself for not picking up the really nice 8.0 on heritage couple of months ago that went for 15k

Edited by rabidwolf

5 hours ago, rabidwolf said:

$13k plus on clink for a 7.5 cr-ow 

continues a nice steady climb 

looks like need to pull the trigger on an 8.0 before it becomes out of reach 

still upset at myself for not picking up the really nice 8.0 on heritage couple of months ago that went for 15k

Incredible.  Yes,  that 8.0 was a really nice copy

6 hours ago, Drummy said:

Hey all --

Speaking of nice 8.0 copies, my new keeper copy just got dropped off today.  The color strike is almost surreal, as the whites are really pure.  Thanks for looking!

Dan

ST 110 8.0 wp.jpg

White pages! Super nice.