• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

Here's a group shot to drool over. Most of the raw ones are in the 3.5 to 5.5 range with one low grade in the top left corner.

The only two of mine not in the shot are my 8.0 & my 9.0 that I keep in my Safety Deposit box. I'll try to get a shot of those some time.

I am so glad I bought most of these 1 to 2 years ago, because the prices have really jumped. It's hard to get a bargain anymore.

get-attachmentaspx_zpscef7fd70.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

Here's a group shot to drool over. Most of the raw ones are in the 3.5 to 4.5 range with one low grade in the top left corner.

The only two of mine not in the shot are my 8.0 & my 9.0 that I keep in my Safety Deposit box. I'll try to get a shot of those some time.

I am so glad I bought most of these 1 to 2 years ago, because the prices have really jumped. It's hard to get a bargain anymore.

Are you selling any of them at this time?

Here's a group shot to drool over. Most of the raw ones are in the 3.5 to 4.5 range with one low grade in the top left corner.

Are you selling any of them at this time?

No, sorry,in fact I'm still buying when I can find one I like.

I'm a little disappointed in the grade on this one. It's really quite nice. The woman who sold it to me raw let the piece of tape closing the mylar touch the front cover right under the "P" in "Paste" (she did this right in front of me.... I knew I shouldn't have let her take it out). It's a really tiny color loss, and the rest of the cover looks really nice so I was kind of shocked that it only got a 5.5. It seems like every front cover of this issue I've ever seen has had bad creases that show, but this one has virtually no creases and has a great spine.

Look at how dark the inks are on it compared to the one to the left. You can barely see the Wizard because the inks are so dark.

get-attachment-1aspx_zpsf7066cce.jpeg

Edited by gadzukes

I'm a little disappointed in the grade on this one. It's really quite nice. The woman who sold it to me raw let the piece of tape closing the mylar touch the front cover right under the "P" in "Paste" (she did this right in front of me.... I knew I shouldn't have let her take it out). It's a really tiny color loss, and the rest of the cover looks really nice so I was kind of shocked that it only got a 5.5. It seems like every front cover of this issue I've ever seen has had bad creases that show, but this one has virtually no creases and has a great spine.

Look at how dark the inks are on it compared to the one to the left. You can barely see the Wizard because the inks are so dark.

get-attachment-1aspx_zpsf7066cce.jpeg

If you paid a 5.5 price...then love the book, not the number. Absolutely beautiful book....

If you paid a 5.5 price...then love the book, not the number. Absolutely beautiful book....

I love the book, and I got it raw for about half price. But I've seen so many of these that are graded higher but don't look as nice as this one. If I ever sell this one I may crack it out of the case first and call it a 6.0-6.5. I think many people would agree.

Here's a group shot to drool over. Most of the raw ones are in the 3.5 to 5.5 range with one low grade in the top left corner.

Check out my pm