• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

Wow at 1275 and still with 5 hrs to go.

$1300 with 40 minutes left. This is insane!!!!!!!

GPA: 5.0 - March 17 = $619

GPA: 5.0 - June 4 = $950

This current 5.0 is at $1300 which means this comic HAS DOUBLED it's price in the last 4 months.

Wow just ended at $1444 :ohnoez:

hm ... what would a 7.5 go for nowadays? $3800 doesn't seem out of the question.

7.5 has gone from $1975 to $3000 in just 3 months. So you're right.... give it another month and it'll be at $3800. When did you buy your 7.5?

I am feeling like a genius right now. I bought two 7.0s, an 8.0, and a 9.0 this last year. I spent some money but I can tell already I'm going to do great. The 7.0s have almost doubled in price.

Snapped it up here on the boards in April for, what was at the time, above GPA. I'm so glad I bought it. Insanity. You know things are truly nuts when the raw 3.0s being listed on ebay for $600 a pop start disappearing. I predict that'll happen by Labor Day.

I don't like to see these wild price increases on Silver Age books in such a short time span. Too many speculators in this game ...

... or people who want to own one before the price goes up more

Too true. Is this a rational market at work because demand exceeds supply? Or is it, to quote Alan Greenspan, "irrational exuberance"? It reminds me too much of the Spring/Summer of 2006 ... and what happened after that is history ....

I don't like to see these wild price increases on Silver Age books in such a short time span. Too many speculators in this game ...

... or people who want to own one before the price goes up more

Too true. Is this a rational market at work because demand exceeds supply? Or is it, to quote Alan Greenspan, "irrational exuberance"? It reminds me too much of the Spring/Summer of 2006 ... and what happened after that is history ....

You should preach that to the folks over at the BB28 thread. lol ST110, even at these prices, is pretty affordable. By no means has it peaked. ST110 has a low print run, key-ness, and an upcoming movie going for it. Same cannot be said for BB28 (where's the movie?).

I anticipate prices for ST110 will go even crazier after SDCC, where Marvel will presumably officially announces a Dr Strange movie.

Edited by Mishmashman

You should preach that to the folks over at the BB28 thread. lol ST110, even at these prices, is pretty affordable. By no means has it peaked. ST110 has a low print run, key-ness, and an upcoming movie going for it. Same cannot be said for BB28 (where's the movie?).

What's with the BB28 hate? The movie has been announced a bunch of times and is in development obviously. If you think the book has peaked or is overpriced that's a valid opinion, but just an opinion. It always surprises me how much derrogatory stuff gets slung at the Silver aged DCs. That said, I love me some first appearances of Dr. Strange...so K+ to everyone that has one of these already!

My over copy. Have a 3.0 buried somewhere.

0V8SDQ1.jpg

Nice book! A 3.0 graded?

Yes, purchased on the boards about a yr ago

Must be nice.....if your looking to move it I know of a person who would be interested

Edited by Mmanick

The Northland 9.4 copy is currently being auctioned off on Heritage...

:frustrated:

and to think I had the chance to grab it ( on the cheap ) when a good friend of mine owned it ...

ST 110 is skyrocketing right now. The movie buzz has generated the spike, but come on.... we're talking about a movie that's 2 years away. It's insane how much this comic has grown in price. I'm waiting for a plateau in prices but it's not happening.

Slowly but steadily, Strange Tales #110 has always been climbing.

Doctor Strange has always been a not-so-easy character that did not get the spotlight, and had an uneasy editorial life, but most of the material is top-notch. Heck, even the worst 1990s issues aren’t that bad! :D

If he was on the cover, or even if his name was mention somewhere, the book would be of higher value and demand IMO :tonofbricks:

There are barriers on some books, but when they break, they break like a flood apparently