• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I wanna start chasing Marvel 2nd prints...
5 5

333 posts in this topic

Just scooped these today for $1 a piece. The NM #87, X-force #1, and X-Factor #71. All 2nd print golds. Oh, and the X-Factor is a Newsstand to boot.

fzshLT0h.jpg

Edited by gradejunky

Would you consider the Mark Jeweler reprints as second printings?

There were also a set of re-prints available with some action figures, I think through Kay Bee Toys?

Marvel Legends Reprints:

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint #4

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 5

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 13

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 18

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 96

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 97

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 101

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 117

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 129

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 133

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 141

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 201

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 213

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 243

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 258

Uncanny X-Men (1963) Marvel Legends Reprint 451

Silver Surfer also has second editions of 32 and 33

I'd like to ask the OP to edit his first post to start a master list of these Copper 2nd prints so we know what to chase (and I could reference it on the road). I've learned of many new ones reading this thread. I'd also like to encourage more posting of scans/pics to see some of these babies. This has become a fun box diving challenge at cons or better shops, but I was running out of known books to look for. Now I have added to my list! :headbang:

I'd like to ask the OP to edit his first post to start a master list of these Copper 2nd prints so we know what to chase (and I could reference it on the road). I've learned of many new ones reading this thread. I'd also like to encourage more posting of scans/pics to see some of these babies. This has become a fun box diving challenge at cons or better shops, but I was running out of known books to look for. Now I have added to my list! :headbang:

I'd also like to see where we should start the list as the GI Joe 2nd prints started in 1983 but the main group of 2nd prints didn't start ramping up until 1990. Should we included TPBs and Graphic Novels too! Should we inlcude everything above just to be as inclusive as possible?

Here is that ASM #101 2nd print (a complete b**** to find above VF, I've been trying).

ASM101-2nd.jpg

True. I think I went through several before I found a nice NM one (that's around a 9.2 or so). There are probably some 9.8s out there, but there can't be many. I have always loved this cover. Must be something about Morbius' disco vampire outfit or Spidey's six arms...

Thought of another one.. Nam #1 - I believe that had a 2nd printing. Classic Michael Golden.

I just read in another thread that apparently Nam #52 had a 2nd print as well. There may be more from this title (keeping in mind that OP specifically mentioned superhero books, but I would guess others are curious too).

I will do so in the next day or two.

Jim

I will do so in the next day or two.

Jim

Sweet, thanks! :banana:

Original post has been edited to include almost everything that has been mentioned so far. Star Wars isn.t really copper, and I didn't think the Spideys in the #500's was copper either, but if I'm wrong I can re-edit this list.

Jim