• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I wanna start chasing Marvel 2nd prints...
5 5

333 posts in this topic

Is the second print not with a different colour for the XMen logo?I think yellow and pink...

Absolutely...it's just weird when I got home and looked inside at the indica and it didn't say second printing at all. I initially had to look on the internet and make sure I bought the right one.

Jim

When I scanned my copy this morning I checked the indicia and found that mine didn't say it was a second either. But I remember the logo change from when this book came out originally and we were buying copies off the rack.

Then just to play devils advocate, just for fun...is it really a second print??? Or say perhaps like an X-Men #317 (first Blink) where there is the silver foil strip edition and the red edition.

I'm sure it's the second print, just wondering out loud how we know for a fact?

Can't argue with you there. If I didn't know it from when the books were originally released, there would be no way to tell. They could be considered to be cover or logo variants of the first print.

Is the second print not with a different colour for the XMen logo?I think yellow and pink...

Absolutely...it's just weird when I got home and looked inside at the indica and it didn't say second printing at all. I initially had to look on the internet and make sure I bought the right one.

Jim

When I scanned my copy this morning I checked the indicia and found that mine didn't say it was a second either. But I remember the logo change from when this book came out originally and we were buying copies off the rack.

Then just to play devils advocate, just for fun...is it really a second print??? Or say perhaps like an X-Men #317 (first Blink) where there is the silver foil strip edition and the red edition.

Can't argue with you there. If I didn't know it from when the books were originally released, there would be no way to tell. They could be considered to be cover or logo variants of the first print.

Grand Comics Database shows it as the 2nd printing but that doesn't necessarily mean it's correct. But it probably is.

Jim

Jim

I believe it came out later,and,at my LCS at least it was advertised,well,made known it was a second print.I seem to remember a gold coloured logo on a third print maybe..?I have to dig around...

Jimmers

Yes, folks, it IS a second printing.

It came out the same time as X-Men #282 second print, about the same time as #284-5.

I think everyone *knows* that, because there were enough of us around at the time. I think the question is how might one prove it to those who weren't and might doubt that. Obviously every current reference says that, but I don't remember a whole lot of press at the time announcing reprints and showing the new cover logo.

It came out the same time as X-Men #282 second print, about the same time as #284-5.

I think everyone *knows* that, because there were enough of us around at the time. I think the question is how might one prove it to those who weren't and might doubt that. Obviously every current reference says that, but I don't remember a whole lot of press at the time announcing reprints and showing the new cover logo.

Exactly...I don't doubt it's a second print in the least...just wondering why it's not mentioned in the indicia?

Jim

There will be ordering literature lying around somewhere for the book that says what it is. There will also be other contemporaneous literature (price guide reports, CBG articles, etc.) that mentions it.

It's not necessary to rely on memories alone.

What isn't as well known is the SILVER logo cover............

:popcorn:

There will be ordering literature lying around somewhere for the book that says what it is. There will also be other contemporaneous literature (price guide reports, CBG articles, etc.) that mentions it.

:ohm

Pics of this elusive print? Is it a retailer incentive?

Is it maybe I'm remembering Gold rather than Silver??

I must get organamizeded.

That sounds like it would be unpleasant.

With thirty plus mixed up long boxes...it is...

Since I joined,got back into collecting...it has been buy and stash,buy and stash...I don't even know where my HG TTA 48 is...exactly...

Only books I can find right away...my slabs,as there are less than a dozen....but they are not easy to get to...

Ok, for those of you scratching your heads...

You know how there is a 2nd print of Uncanny X-Men #282?

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_282_2nd_Printing_Variant.jpg

Well, the interior back cover of that issue reprints the cover of UXM #281 with a silver logo.

Why? I dunno. Perhaps it was prepared for a 3rd print of UXM # 281, decided that a 3rd print wasn't needed, and rather than let it go to waste, presented it as a bonus for UXM #282 2nd print?

Whatever the reason, it's pretty cool. :cool:

01c3e585-c3b7-4e52-bcc9-3f42.jpg

Ok, for those of you scratching your heads...

You know how there is a 2nd print of Uncanny X-Men #282?

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_282_2nd_Printing_Variant.jpg

Well, the interior back cover of that issue reprints the cover of UXM #281 with a silver logo.

Why? I dunno. Perhaps it was prepared for a 3rd print of UXM # 281, decided that a 3rd print wasn't needed, and rather than let it go to waste, presented it as a bonus for UXM #282 2nd print?

Whatever the reason, it's pretty cool. :cool:

01c3e585-c3b7-4e52-bcc9-3f42.jpg

Hey! Quit spoiling my surprises!

I was gonna make a MINT selling flipped around Silver logos!