• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I wanna start chasing Marvel 2nd prints...
5 5

333 posts in this topic

I found a G I Joe #2 Canadian Variant.

Aside from that, second print G I Joes are hard

The 75 cent cover is the second print, not a Canadian variant.

In what way are second print G.I. Joes hard? They are everywhere. There are still tons of the multi-paks out in the wild that were kept in amazing condition.

+1 The #2 Second Print is very easy to find.

Plus it will have black spider man logo. Without knowing about when the logo changes and such hard to tell 2nd printings throughout the series since it is not listed inside the book as a second printing on most of them.

Fraggle Rock does have a second print. It has a different UPC and Price Box. Top cover is the first print, bottom is the second. The most confusing multiple printings from Marvel have to be the Smurfs. Nothing in the Indicia; the only difference between the first and the second prints are the ads. At least the third print has the black Spidey UPC to identify it. Here's a link to the Smurfs info I've managed to track down.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=23&Number=6393670&Searchpage=3&Main=287678&Words=Bellrules1&topic=0&Search=true#Post6393670

141257.jpg.ef46fd4c4502b15b5e8d93cddbf1547f.jpg

One other book that I don't think that has been mentioned in this thread is Transformers #3. Although it's a "toy" book, it does have a place with superhero collectors as it is an early Black Spider-man appearance. There were three packs of TF #1-3 issued and the copies of #3 in the 3-pack had the same ad pages as you would find on TF #2 or #1 (a black background ad) instead of the one that was issued when it hit the newsstand (a tan background). Would one of these be considered a 2nd print or just a "variant?" Regardless, it's an interesting book to note from this timeframe.

Late copper/early modern - Web of Spider-Man 118 had a second printing

66941.jpg

That a book that came with an action figure?

I'm not sure. It's from 2001, but other than that I'm at a loss

The first print would have come out about 9 years earlier, so chances are that printing was related to something like a toy or promo.

969a5a44-b4d9-490f-99a1-3b10754278d2.jpg

Thanks! (thumbs u

You forget where you saw the Web #118 2nd print from before? :baiting:

lol

Late copper/early modern - Web of Spider-Man 118 had a second printing

66941.jpg

I bought a Web 118 yesterday at the LCS for $2.00 and I just realized that what I got was this one....

Pretty sweet :applause:

Very nice! How is it condition-wise? The one I grabbed yesterday is 9.4-9.6. The few that I've seen, since knowing what I was looking for, have been in the F/VF-VF range.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I hopefully have a really nice 2nd print ASM 101 showing up in the mail today. :wishluck:

It doesn't rate high on the rarity scale next to some of these other books, but I've always liked it and have had a tough time locating a nice copy.

I hopefully have a really nice 2nd print ASM 101 showing up in the mail today. :wishluck:

:wishluck: for you. The only ones I've seen have been 9.0 at best, so I hope yours comes out nice!

Thanks. If it's in the range I'm hoping for I will post a scan.