• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2014!!! JUNE 20-22

731 posts in this topic

I came. I saw. I bought many books, and heard the lamentations of girly collectors who were late to the party.

Seriously though, I love Heroes. Always a ton of material around, especially if you are willing to box dive. Lots of good stuff never makes it to the wall, and a lot of people (*cough* Greggy *cough*), are too lazy to go looking for it without some prompting. Working two full 12-hour days going through material, and then driving nine hours straight home is an endeavor best left for the young, but I'll do it as long as I can. I think I'll need an SUV to do this next year, with as much stuff as I tend to buy.

And Charlotte is always so beautiful, and the people so friendly. Many thanks to good folks like Thomas and Amanda (for the BBQ recommendation and the company), Joey, Doc, and Greggy (for the comedic relief), Rick & Rick (for the badges), and a host of other people I got to stop and say hello to. As always, a successful convention and even better mini-vacation for the family.

My favorite part of the show was when greggy shot TupennyConan a bird and said, "F U."

:cloud9:

It was a sexually charged moment.

My favorite part of the show was when greggy shot TupennyConan a bird and said, "F U."

Wow, I must be off. I read it as a moment of anger as opposed to something risqué.

hm

Wow, I must be off. I read it as a moment of anger as opposed to something risqué.

hm

He was in a rage.

hm

He was in a rage.

pms'ing?

We had a great weekend in Charlotte, NC this past weekend. We just pulled back into town last night and have just begun to process all of our purchases. 

There were a good amount of dealers in the room with a ton of great bargains available if you were willing to do the hard work of digging through long boxes. We found it a spectacular con for buying and fairly average for selling. We moved a couple decent books like Green Lantern #76 8.5 CGC, Conan #1 9.6 CGC, More Fun #29 and #78 among others. Issues that saw a lot of demand were She-Hulk #1, Forever People #1, Transformers above #60, Golden-Age Blackhawk comics, Amazing Spider-Man under #30, Atlas horror, pre-hero JIMs, Strange Tales, and Tales to Astonish, Amazing Spider-Man Carnage and/or Venom issues, anything Zatanna, Harley, Ant-Man, and Thanos.  A few serious Golden-Age collectors and repeat customers had a great time going through our boxes and pulling out books.  If you are at a con and are looking for Golden-Age, especially the more esoteric variety, do not forget to stop by our table.  Many collectors  left our table happy as they were able to fill in holes in runs or find elusive issues in our extensive Golden-Age section. 

As far as buying goes, we went wild. We left with well over 3 long boxes full of tons of great stuff. Lots of Golden-Age, Atlas horror, early and key Westerns, some Silver-Age DC, plus lots of hot Bronze, Copper and Modern books.  Keep an eye on our email updates and website in the coming weeks as we begin to process all this great material. 

Here is a small sample of some of the great comics and pulps we are processing right now:

289df05a-c1c1-46fc-a926-ea4e3a9f06d8.jpg