• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Phantom Stranger #1 (1952)
2 2

185 posts in this topic

My undercopy will be coming up for sale and would appreciate any feedback on the grade in the grading forum.

Besides, this thread needed a bump.... :tonofbricks:

What do y'all think?

img118_zpsz1buvazy.jpg

img117_zpsrspxplst.jpg

PS%20Group.jpg

A big thanks to John (piper) for helping me complete the set!

... now that the thrill of the hunt is over, it's time to list it for sale in the Sales Forum :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jimbo,

I'll have to admit it's been one of the more gratifying runs to complete. Can't even bear to think of selling them for a while. Thanks for your help in getting me the last issue in the run!

...it was just a joke, anyway. I don't think I'd sell it either..... we gotta keep something, right?.... otherwise we lose our Official Collector Card. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Glad to be back in this club with the copy below, this issue is my favorite Atom Age book of all time. I've bought and sold 4 previous copies in various grades during the past 6 years, and I've regretted it each and every time after I sold them. Hopefully this time I can hold tight to this one, I love how the Stranger lives in a world directly between DC superhero comics and the horror ones. And what other character has a Rob Zombie song named after them?

46056432644_e8e1c5efc9_c.jpg

Edited by Illustrious

Nice blue copy! Do you have any of the rest of the run?

I’ve passed on many chances to upgrade my restored copy and regret it. Anyway, I love the character in all of his various Gold, Bronze, and Modern appearances. Heck, I need more Phantom Stranger OA!

On 1/18/2019 at 1:56 AM, piper said:

Do you have any of the rest of the run?

I contemplated going after the whole run back in 2012 when I got my first copy, but I focused on other things and then the price run-up happened a few years ago that pushed the prices up of 2-6 to the point where I felt like the higher amount of money that I would have to spend on those now would be better put into other keys that were in the same price range.