• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's really hard to sell

67 posts in this topic

My pm box is empty, probably because I havent decided what I'm doing. It's really hard to sell. I may try one or two at first and see how I feel. Thanks all for your understanding and it's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels as I do.

One other thing to consider. If you sell your collection now it's gone. If you keep the collection for another 20 years and then sell it you'll likely get a similar monetary return but you'll have owned and enjoyed it another 20 years.

I could blow my money on hookers and peanut brittle but the next day it's gone. I get a great deal of enjoyment out of my collection and it isn't depreciating or disappearing.

And you probably won't catch anything from your comic book collection. lol

Just hand on to them and leave 'em for your kids. It sounds like your brain is saying sell while your heart is telling you not too.
This. If they make you happy keep them. You may not be getting younger but you're not dead. Enjoy life, comics are a simple pleasure and I feel sad just thinking of people who give up their most simple of loves due to obligation. If you had to sell big books for financial reasons, or dump a warehouse of drek for whatever reason, that's understandable. But a handful of boxes of your treasures, keep them. If you want leave a note in the boxes instructing the kids how to sell them off. Maybe a good friend who also likes comics can be trusted to help if the day comes. But regardless, if it wasn't comics, and you instead had a '57 Bel Air convertible that you loved, they can cash it in when you're gone, drive that sucker until your last day :)

I do feel the need to sell ( never do )

I do feel the need to stop buying ( never do )

My problem is that if someone were to say to me " do you have this issue" I want to be able to say yes, the crazy part is no one in my real life even knows I collect comics to say it :insane:

My collection is getting back up to silly amounts and I really need to stop.

I have sold twice on the boards when boardies PMd me asking me for specific books.

No one in my family knows, or cares anything about comics and I also think about someone like Silver Acre getting his mitts on my books for next to nothing when I am gone :cry:

I know the answer is to sell

I dont know what the answer is (shrug)

Spent over $1000 since I wrote this yesterday.

My PM box is full alright, full with sellers tempting me :insane:

My problem is that if someone were to say to me " do you have this issue" I want to be able to say yes, the crazy part is no one in my real life even knows I collect comics to say it :insane:

I have sold twice on the boards when boardies PMd me asking me for specific books.

No one in my family knows, or cares anything about comics and I also think about someone like Silver Acre getting his mitts on my books for next to nothing when I am gone :cry:

You got it bad lol

You got it bad lol

It's a sickness! :sick: