• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Label (Qualified) vs. PGX

37 posts in this topic

Okay. So a Green label (Qualified) book has more market value over a PGX book?

Are there any other options to get out of the (Green) territory?

For example: Tyler Jenkins and Wiebe signed my c2e2 variants during the convention. Obviously they're real and not counterfeit, but because it wasn't coordinated through CGC, I lose. Since this was done at a convention with pics, are there any exceptions? :-/.

Thanks!

Okay. So a Green label (Qualified) book has more market value over a PGX book?

Are there any other options to get out of the (Green) territory?

For example: Tyler Jenkins and Wiebe signed my c2e2 variants during the convention. Obviously they're real and not counterfeit, but because it wasn't coordinated through CGC, I lose. Since this was done at a convention with pics, are there any exceptions? :-/.

Thanks!

Yeah,leave the book raw,and enjoy it in a Mylar. (thumbs u

I'm not a big fan of Sig. Series books,only because I like my books without ink on them.I do however have a few books that are signed by my favorite artists,and to be honest those are books that I Will treasure because I met the artist.I really don't care whether they are re-sellable(is that a word?) or not.They are special to me.

I will never buy PGX again.

I bought a TOS 39 PGX 5.5, cracked it out of the PGX slab and sent it into CGC and got a 3.5 (2 grades off!!!).

I also bought a DD 7 PGX 6.0. When I cracked it out of the slab I discovered a coupon had been cut out of it with no mention of this on the PGX label.

Bad, really bad. Dishonest. Stay away.

Okay. No resto check needed. It's a new book. It's a c2e2 variant. Got a limited edition c2e2 Peter Panzerfaust, and got excited when I saw the writer and artist. Had them do a sketch and signing of the book.

Big mistake

Now, I can't get it graded without a green label. Next time, I'll tell them thanks, but I gotta consult my attorney first (CGC Reps) before they ink up my books.

All good. I have a sense of humor to my mistakes. I guess it is ridiculous considering this wasn't needed during the Jack Kirby days. Business has changed a bit, that's all :-).

Okay, so leave PGX alone. They're crooked. Got it.

But

Will you all laugh at me for having a green label?

Yes.

Okay. got it. lol. Times have changed indeed.

Green labels are no big deal.Do they hold a bad stigma? (shrug)

But

Yes.

Calling them "Green Labels Of Doom" isn't a stigma?

I know and you know they aren't always a bad thing, but does the average person in this hobby, upon hearing that for the first time, know that?

-slym

But

Yes.

When you can easily get the same book in a SS holder? Yes, it would be a complete waste of money.

I personally have no problem with a green label provided it is a signature I can verify myself either through pictures or that I have a signature to compare it against (preferably both)

Case in point.....I have a Green Label Mad that I had Sergio sign for me that is hanging on my wall. It is definitely a keeper!

If you are doing it for investment/flipping purposes however it wont work out well for you as most people place Green Labels just a hair above PLOD's

I have no problem with green label either but I don't typically buy them. Now let me straighten that out. I send in my own books to be graded and slabbed as green label because I want them protected and encapsulated and mine are typically sketch covers I have had done at shows in the past where either CGC wasn't at the show or I couldn't get a witness and wasn't about to pass up on getting a sketch. So they have a place in my collection.