• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The story behind 2/4...and my Daredevil #1 grail!

100 posts in this topic

The final two numbers in the Little Orphan Annie secret message code. Reveals that you should drink more Ovaltine while reading DD #1.

Nice book btw

Thanks! You know, I was waiting for someone to come up with that reference! lol

But, being stuck at my desk all day and marveling at the book, it got me thinking hm I wonder what the "2/4" could be. So, I'm letting you guys tell me a story if you'd like what YOU think the "2/4" could have been for! lol

Doesn't anyone buy cases of beer anymore? It was a shopping list!

A reminder to pick up one of these after dealing with snot nosed kids all day...

139359.jpg.3aa4d3989d57ee356df2ad4056a04695.jpg

2/4 is the time window the original owner had planed for the crime. Upset that the clerk at the local shop was always mean to him, he had planned to bust the windows of the store that night and take the Spiderman books the clerk cherished. He wrote 2/4 on the Dardevil because that's who he considered himself to be, he was going to dress up like Evil Kenivel and ride his bike through the store's glass front. The 2 was for 2am, when everyone would be sleeping, and 4 was 4 minutes, the time he gave himself before the shop owner would wake up to the noise and run downstairs with his bat. It was one of those older shops where the owner lived in the apartment above the shop.

When the book was printed, Stan Lee put it in his collection of file copies. 30 years later, a robber ran in to steal some of Stan Lee's File copies, and he grabbed this. On his way out, he tripped on a new mutants 98 because they are EVERYWHERE and fell into the printing press which was printing Xforce 1. the Daredevil 1 fell in as well, and in a freak printing accident, DD 1 got a polybagged in an Xforce 1 polybag. Some kid with an obsession with fractions bought the book, and did his math homework on it. That's how 2/4 got written on it.

When the book was printed, Stan Lee put it in his collection of file copies. 30 years later, a robber ran in to steal some of Stan Lee's File copies, and he grabbed this. On his way out, he tripped on a new mutants 98 because they are EVERYWHERE and fell into the printing press which was printing Xforce 1. the Daredevil 1 fell in as well, and in a freak printing accident, DD 1 got a polybagged in an Xforce 1 polybag. Some kid with an obsession with fractions bought the book, and did his math homework on it. That's how 2/4 got written on it.

So, this story is really...

:baiting:

So, this story is really...

:baiting:

YOU RUINED IT!!!