• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics

760 posts in this topic

Based on the fact that this seller has sold someone a reprint as an original and the facts presented in the following string and the fact that I ordered High value books and received scrub books instead. I no longer offer my endorsement to this seller. In fact it is just the opposite!

Ajester

Pardon me for my skepticism, but how does someone who "is still learning and doesn't appear to have grading down" have the comics he does. If I were he I would learn to grade and price things before selling. He currently has an FF #1, TOS #39, Strange Tales #110, and more on that web site. Someone claiming to be from the site was here on the boards a short while ago spamming sales forums and other places. His posts have been removed since then or I'd point you to them. The consensus seemed to be that it was a scam at the time.

Thomas Neely (Neeley) is a scam artitst, who has been nominated to the HoS

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=6784776&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=thomas+neely&topic=0&Search=true#Post6784776 Please ignore this site like the plague. Thank you all.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=6784776&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=thomas+neely&topic=0&Search=true#Post6784776 Please ignore this site like the plague. Thank you all.

And yet he's still trying to shill here? :facepalm:

And yet he's still trying to shill here? :facepalm:

IBTL :facepalm:

Wanted to offer a personal recommendation to a new up-start comic website. It is run by Thomas Neely and his wife in Charlotte NC. They are great people to work with and have great prices on great books! Here is the website for you to check it out -

http://www.thehouseofcomics.com/

Thomas is still learning and doesn't appear to have grading down so you have to do a bit of grading on your own using the high Rez scans but the selection is great, the prices are right and the personal service is outstanding.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Thomas, just trying to help a guy out and point my fellow Boardies to a place to find hard to find books at really reasonable prices. Mention you are a CGC boardie and perhaps he will cut you a bit of a deal on already great prices.

Ajester

23pta.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Wanted to offer a personal recommendation to a new up-start comic website. It is run by Thomas Neely and his wife in Charlotte NC. They are great people to work with and have great prices on great books! Here is the website for you to check it out -

http://www.thehouseofcomics.com/

Thomas is still learning and doesn't appear to have grading down so you have to do a bit of grading on your own using the high Rez scans but the selection is great, the prices are right and the personal service is outstanding.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Thomas, just trying to help a guy out and point my fellow Boardies to a place to find hard to find books at really reasonable prices. Mention you are a CGC boardie and perhaps he will cut you a bit of a deal on already great prices.

Ajester

Cred, unmeet Ajester

the grading is asstrocious....haven't got it down? seriously listing a 2.0 FF #1 as a Fine?

Dude, don't bother trying to pick it apart. It's a scam web site. The guy lists too-good-to-be-true prices, ultimately sends you reprints and hopes you won't notice.

Thank you for the insight! I was just giving Someone a helping hand that I had only just met and thought gave me a good deal. I am not affiliated in any way only a customer who now hopes that the books I purchased are not rubbish when they arrive.

Thank you for the insight! I was just giving Someone a helping hand that I had only just met and thought gave me a good deal. I am not affiliated in any way only a customer who now hopes that the books I purchased are not rubbish when they arrive.

cross your fingers. there was a very indepth thread made about him and this site in the past but was deleted for some reason

if it seems too good to be true it is.

I say it may take awhile to get the egg off my face! Someone I thought was a nice guy and seemed genuinely interested in breaking into the hobby in the right way asked me for a recommendation and I followed thru on a promise....

What is it that Homer Simpson says? doh!

lol

A) I'd like to personally recommend my new friend Charlie.

B) Dude, that's Charles Manson the murderer.

A) Oh...um...never mind.

B) Didn't you notice the swastika carved into his forehead?

A) I guess I wasn't paying attention.