• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics

760 posts in this topic

It's the closest you can get to Godwin's Law, without invoking Godwin's Law!!

Charlie Manson FTW!

I'd also like to recommend comicsupply, Jason Ewert, and Danny Dupcak. They all seem really cool and excited about selling some stuff to people for money.

the grading is asstrocious....haven't got it down? seriously listing a 2.0 FF #1 as a Fine?

Dude, don't bother trying to pick it apart. It's a scam web site. The guy lists too-good-to-be-true prices, ultimately sends you reprints and hopes you won't notice.

He is also using stock scans, or random ones lifted off of the Internet. Virtually every pic is different in style. Some are scans, some are pics, some have white backgrounds, some have black. Total scam.

Okay, somehow it still doesn't feel better but this is how board members get trained so I have officially been schooled.

I will humbly go back to my corner now, put on the pointy cap and wait for the last bell to ring so I can go home and cry to mommy!

It's the closest you can get to Godwin's Law, without invoking Godwin's Law!!

Charlie Manson FTW!

I'd also like to recommend comicsupply, Jason Ewert, and Danny Dupcak. They all seem really cool and excited about selling some stuff to people for money.

I was going to try and work John Gacy or Lizzie Borden into it, but Manson seems to have captured the moment perfectly.

Okay, somehow it still doesn't feel better but this is how board members get trained so I have officially been schooled.

I will humbly go back to my corner now, put on the pointy cap and wait for the last bell to ring so I can go home and cry to mommy!

What have you purchased from him?

the grading is asstrocious....haven't got it down? seriously listing a 2.0 FF #1 as a Fine?

But he priced it as a 0.5/1… :insane:

Okay, let the brutality begin! I guess I deserve a bit....but Charles Manson? Really!?

I think it is a bit inappropriate to quote Charles Manson to make an example, even if there was no direct comparision intended. :eek:

Okay, let the brutality begin! I guess I deserve a bit....but Charles Manson? Really!?

I can't think of a better analogy.

Recommending something bad that had something on its "face" that should have been a dead giveaway.

Plus, we don't make much of a distinction between scammers and other evil-doers around here. They are all hunted down and killed with extreme prejudice.

The proximity to Godwin's Law was just fortuitous. :)

Plus, we don't make much of a distinction between scammers and other evil-doers around here. They are all hunted down and killed with extreme prejudice.

I used to like the Foolkiller, I think it’s a much better character than the Punisher, as he does not have all this background which in some way "justify" and make the Punisher look like a sort of "superhero". Which he is not… ;)

I used to like the Foolkiller, I think it’s a much better character than the Punisher, as he does not have all this background which in some way "justify" and make the Punisher look like a sort of "superhero". Which he is not… ;)

I have no idea wtf you are talking about.

I used to like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. But the carbs and sugar are out of control.

I used to like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. But the carbs and sugar are out of control.

I used to like Rochester Quadrajets. But they were prone to intake leaks, so I went back to Holleys.

Dude, don't bother trying to pick it apart. It's a scam web site. The guy lists too-good-to-be-true prices, ultimately sends you reprints and hopes you won't notice.

He is also using stock scans, or random ones lifted off of the Internet. Virtually every pic is different in style. Some are scans, some are pics, some have white backgrounds, some have black. Total scam.

Here is what I don't get- If he is stealing scans, why steal a 2.0 FF and call it a Fine. Plenty of better scans to steal. I have no doubt he's a scamster, but couldn't he at least try to be a smart scamster.

I used to like Rochester Quadrajets. But they were prone to intake leaks, so I went back to Holleys.

:roflmao:

I did order a couple of books from this guy that I was going to submit for grading so I will let you know. I actually had a good conversation with him and even talked to his wife. It was obviously a home based business as I heard little ones in the background. I guess I might be easily duped but it felt very legitimate to me.

So to answer Tony's question I ordered a TOS 39, 40, Hulk 1, ASM 129 and IM 55 from them. So even though you guys have me scared spitless the optimist in me must say the jury is still out until I receive my books. Hope springs eternal they say and I find myself reeeeaaally trying hard to hope.

I will report back when I receive the books.

Here is hoping for NO Helter Skelter!

AJester

Now that you mention it... I agree.

DG

I did order a couple of books from this guy that I was going to submit for grading so I will let you know. I actually had a good conversation with him and even talked to his wife. It was obviously a home based business as I heard little ones in the background. I guess I might be easily duped but it felt very legitimate to me.

So to answer Tony's question I ordered a TOS 39, 40, Hulk 1, ASM 129 and IM 55 from them. So even though you guys have me scared spitless the optimist in me must say the jury is still out until I receive my books. Hope springs eternal they say and I find myself reeeeaaally trying hard to hope.

I will report back when I receive the books.

Here is hoping for NO Helter Skelter!

AJester

I would suggest opening the package in front of the postal worker or delivery person so that you have a witness should you find the package empty or with the wrong books in it.

Did you pay via Paypal?

Think of it this way. Removing lead from tin plating on copper may seem like it's environmentally a good decision. What is not so well known is that lead assists in preventing the propagation and formation of tin whiskers that can grow from the surface of the metal. Unless you want a nasty little plasma arc short in your high amp circuits, you'll either leave the lead in the plating or switch to an alternate type of plating.

Hexavalent Chromium as a genotoxic carcinogen is another issue entirely.

DG