• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics

760 posts in this topic

TOS 39, 40, Hulk 1, ASM 129 and IM 55

Why does this seem like an odd first order from an unknown vendor to me?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all those books still up and available on the site?

I always buy major keys from complete strangers on the internets, or from clowns with track records of ripping people off don't you?

shutupandtakemymoney_zps15edd3c1.jpg

How did this thread come back to life in the time it took me to go to the pub and watch the Jay's destroy the Oriole's?

wasn't this thread already nuked by mods this morning?

It was poofed and then unpoofed.

Nope.

The first attempt is still poofed...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6801549#Post6801549

...but Mr Spam thought he'd ignore the Mods and try again. :facepalm:

How did this thread come back to life in the time it took me to go to the pub and watch the Jay's destroy the Oriole's?

Nope.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6801549#Post6801549

Hmm.

This one's still around only because it's a lazy Sunday eh?

Nope.

I think Mods moved it back. I know I didn't post that third post again. That's from the first time I posted it. If Ajester has a way of unpoofing threads then maybe, but my guess is they duplicated the thread and put it back.

My thoughts are they poofed it originally because the site's a scam, but then thought about it and realized if they poof every time someone says something about that site there will be more people who buy from this guy and it's better to have a thread people can search about when they want to know about thehouseofcomics.com.

Sooooo I should not shop there?

Are you willing to be an experiment?

-slym

Let's see what happens with something on the small side...

Maybe this....

https://www.thehouseofcomics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=370&zenid=a9t4qm25n0rh20on4eshl4fkb4

or this...

https://www.thehouseofcomics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=280&zenid=a9t4qm25n0rh20on4eshl4fkb4

If things were to go South I would not whine on the boards. I have other avenues to seek recourse.

-slym

Maybe this....

https://www.thehouseofcomics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=370&zenid=a9t4qm25n0rh20on4eshl4fkb4

or this...

https://www.thehouseofcomics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=280&zenid=a9t4qm25n0rh20on4eshl4fkb4

If things were to go South I would not whine on the boards. I have other avenues to seek recourse.

DD 10 isn't 9.0, more like 7.5/8.0 from the fc scan assuming the back cover isn't messy.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all those books still up and available on the site?

I always buy major keys from complete strangers on the internets, or from clowns with track records of ripping people off don't you?

:) I've refrained from calling the OP a shill simply because I've seen collectors let their greed overwhelm their common sense before.

But there are a LOT of red flags here, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he was.

And how easy would it be to come back here and say "Hey, got my books...everything's fine."

To me the normal response wouldn't be, "Gosh, I'll just keep hoping everything turns out ok," it would be "Dammit, so how do I get my money back...maybe I can cancel the order, etc."

Spidey senses still tingling.

Nope.

I think Mods moved it back. I know I didn't post that third post again. That's from the first time I posted it. If Ajester has a way of unpoofing threads then maybe, but my guess is they duplicated the thread and put it back.

My thoughts are they poofed it originally because the site's a scam, but then thought about it and realized if they poof every time someone says something about that site there will be more people who buy from this guy and it's better to have a thread people can search about when they want to know about thehouseofcomics.com.

:) I've refrained from calling the OP a shill simply because I've seen collectors let their greed overwhelm their common sense before.

But there are a LOT of red flags here, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he was.

And how easy would it be to come back here and say "Hey, got my books...everything's fine."

To me the normal response wouldn't be, "Gosh, I'll just keep hoping everything turns out ok," it would be "Dammit, so how do I get my money back...maybe I can cancel the order, etc."

My guess is he was just taken and is hoping against hope that he wasn't.

Nope.

I hope this one stays unpoofed because this scam needs to be searchable through Google.

My guess is he was just taken and is hoping against hope that he wasn't.

I don't know.

It seems odd that someone who just spent $2400 with a dealer that was just proven to be a scammer would just hope everything would arrive in the mail. I would think that the normal reaction would be to try to cancel the transaction. These books are orders of magnitude more expensive than anything he is selling on his eBay site. He's not a complete n00b to the comic book selling business.

Nope.

I hope this one stays unpoofed because this scam needs to be searchable through Google.

Me too. :wishluck:

-slym

Maybe this....

or this...

He's a verified Authorized.net merchant. Yeah, a chargeback on this tool would be pretty sweet.

244tx.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Thomas is still learning and doesn't appear to have grading down so you have to do a bit of grading on your own

I should think so - this is graded on their site as a VF???

ff48_zpsd361e6e2.jpg

PS - I hate seeing the site's name being used as our own Marc Newan's houseofcomics.com is a quality operation.