• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Comic Scam (web-site) on the block! The House Of Comics

760 posts in this topic

Thomas is still learning and doesn't appear to have grading down so you have to do a bit of grading on your own

I should think so - this is graded on their site as a VF???

ff48_zpsd361e6e2.jpg

PS - I hate seeing the site's name being used as our own Marc Newan's houseofcomics.com is a quality operation.

VF means "Very Fair," Googlie. :gossip:

Thomas is still learning and doesn't appear to have grading down so you have to do a bit of grading on your own

I should think so - this is graded on their site as a VF???

ff48_zpsd361e6e2.jpg

PS - I hate seeing the site's name being used as our own Marc Newan's houseofcomics.com is a quality operation.

VF means "Very Fair," Googlie. :gossip:

doh! My bad!!! :sorry:

:roflmao:

Wow, I thought this thankfully went away and am surprised to see it resurrected. Yeah, I definitely took a big chance on these books but thought it was a good one.

Went to church and friend's house and came back to find this still going DOH

What did JP Morgan say about suckers? Well you guys have me feeling like a big one but I will definitely seek recourse if you all are right.

It appears that one boardie got hosed already and I am quite frankly scared now that posting this was not the only mistake I have made in the last few days.

It definitely was not my intent to SPAM for this site, again after talking to him he seemed very sincere about being new to this and trying to get started and his wife had developed the site for him etc. So after a long conversation I felt that it was okay to buy and told him I would mention his site - I can assure you THAT will never happen again!

In the end all a man really has is his reputation and I have worked hard to maintain a good one no matter when or where I interact with others (My 1st job, Church, my home, eBay and here)

I am sincerely sorry that I posted this now but at the time I felt I was doing a fellow that seemed to be a decent guy a small favor and share what seemed like a deal with my fellow board members.

Quite frankly I am surprised at the attention this has received and am very uncomfortable with posting again but felt that I owed it to those who think I am some sort of shill for this guy.

Next time I will ask around first and buy later, Its just these were some books for which I had been looking for a long time ...

I will definitely use every precaution as I open the package in front of the postman or camera (Thanks for the recommendation!) and will post my results after submitted and received back if I can ever get over the beating from this posting experience.

Hopefully boardies that have dealt with me can vouch for how I operate...

AJester

Unfortunately you wouldn't have found much searching before buying. Which is perhaps why this thread is back. When he was discussed earlier it was because he created an account and went blasting his advertisement everywhere. It was in the threads that he started that the warnings started coming out. Unfortunately when they pulled his threads it made it so no one could find information about him if they were checking. Something I always do. Indeed his prices were so good that if I hadn't been paying attention when he started his threads I might not have known to avoid him. Good luck with everything and I hope this has some kind of good resolution for you.

Just wondering, why didn't you just tell him after you receive the books and all goes well that you would give him an endorsement? Also, you said you spoke with him and his wife have you tried calling him and letting him know how the endorsement has gone so far, just to see what he has to say?

You may have been talking to Manti Teo's girlfriend and not have known it.

She's pretty hot!

Check her out!

This clip seem appropriate as well.

Wow, I thought this thankfully went away and am surprised to see it resurrected. Yeah, I definitely took a big chance on these books but thought it was a good one.

What did JP Morgan say about suckers? Well you guys have me feeling like a big one but I will definitely seek recourse if you all are right.

It appears that one boardie got hosed already and I am quite frankly scared now that posting this was not the only mistake I have made in the last few days.

It definitely was not my intent to SPAM for this site, again after talking to him he seemed very sincere about being new to this and trying to get started and his wife had developed the site for him etc. So after a long conversation I felt that it was okay to buy and told him I would mention his site - I can assure you THAT will never happen again!

In the end all a man really has is his reputation and I have worked hard to maintain a good one no matter when or where I interact with others (My 1st job, Church, my home, eBay and here)

I am sincerely sorry that I posted this now but at the time I felt I was doing a fellow that seemed to be a decent guy a small favor and share what seemed like a deal with my fellow board members.

Quite frankly I am surprised at the attention this has received and am very uncomfortable with posting again but felt that I owed it to those who think I am some sort of shill for this guy.

Next time I will ask around first and buy later, Its just these were some books for which I had been looking for a long time ...

I will definitely use every precaution as I open the package in front of the postman or camera (Thanks for the recommendation!) and will post my results after submitted and received back if I can ever get over the beating from this posting experience.

AJester

You've stated several times that you trust him because of a long conversation you had with him - even going so far as to plug his site for him here.

After what you know now, I don't understand why haven't you tried to contact him. At the very least, I would think you would want to know if you could cancel the transaction. I would also think you would want to know why he is still trying to sell the $2400 worth of books that you purchased to someone else. Isn't that kind of a red flag to you?

CAHokie,

Thank you, yeah that helps and makes sense on why some would be suspicious. Based on my experience with him I decided to take the chance and the books have shipped.

AJ

After what you know now, I don't understand why haven't you tried to contact him. At the very least, I would think you would want to know if you could cancel the transaction. I would also think you would want to know why he is still trying to sell the $2400 worth of books that you purchased to someone else. Isn't that kind of a red flag to you?

:juggle:

I wasn't aware that the books were still available! Yes that is a huge red-flag. Thanks! I will call him in the AM.

Whew...

I just checked and when you click on the Hulk 1 and IM 55 it says out of stock in the cart...

I bought another TOS 39 and 40

Still will give him a call to discuss...

An awful ot of noobs popping up here lately... hm

A n00b that can be cavalier about $2400, no less. That is the best kind of n00b!

Yes, we need a whole lot more deep pocket noobs around here.

I wasn't aware that the books were still available! Yes that is a huge red-flag. Thanks! I will call him in the AM.

Just to summarize:

1) You are not new to the comic selling business. You sell graded and ungraded books on your eBay site. LINK

2) You saw his website, yet didn't think it odd that his pictures appear to be lifted from dozens of different sites, or that his prices were too good to be true.

3) You plugged his site here, and stated that you ordered $2400 worth of key comic books at ridiculously low prices.

4) When you were told of the seller's past you seemed unconcerned about your purchase. You have not tried to contact the seller to cancel the transaction, to inquire why your books are still for sale, or to see what he has to say about the previous scams he was involved in.

I'm of the opinion that doing business with a known scammer is wrong, regardless of what kind of deal you think you are going to get. You are enabling him both financially and referentially to continue to take advantage of other people.

If you are for real, you seem to be blinded by greed and unconcerned with the welfare of others. You just want your books.

If you are a shill, I have no doubt you will be back to tell us that the books arrived safe and sound and were more than you could have hoped for.

AJester

At this point all you can hope is for him to spit on it before he puts it in.

Whew...

I just checked and when you click on the Hulk 1 and IM 55 it says out of stock in the cart...

:facepalm:

Whew...

:facepalm:

He means he bought a different copy from what's up on the site. In other words, "It's all good."