• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anthony Castrillo is a liar and a cheat.
3 3

304 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Well then... what you should do is try and track down this guy in every Facebook thread he is selling his art in and ask if you will be either getting your commission back or your $500?

At this point I would say screw the commission and get the $500 back.

Keep in mind that he has had a $500 interest free loan since you handed him money thinking you were getting a commission back.

I hate it when people defraud others out of their money when it comes to comics and art.  It leads to others not potentially trusting or doing business with reputable people in the fear that they will get scammed. 

He can be found in all the following groups where he continues to sell "commissions":

Personal Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/castrilloanthony

Comic Book Sketch Covers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440855449274558/

I agree, light him up. 

Absolutely.  Your comments would warn and kill some of his potential new sales to people who don't know the backstory. He would need to "shut you up" by refunding, unless he likes letting the truth out about his business practices.  He stands to lose way more then your $500, so if he has any brains he should make you whole.

6 minutes ago, CatskillMike said:

Absolutely.  Your comments would warn and kill some of his potential new sales to people who don't know the backstory. He would need to "shut you up" by refunding, unless he likes letting the truth out about his business practices.  He stands to lose way more then your $500, so if he has any brains he should make you whole.

This guy is the Teflon Don-no one ever posts on his facebook about his practices.  Or he deletes em right away.

23 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Well then... what you should do is try and track down this guy in every Facebook thread he is selling his art in and ask if you will be either getting your commission back or your $500?

At this point I would say screw the commission and get the $500 back.

Keep in mind that he has had a $500 interest free loan since you handed him money thinking you were getting a commission back.

I hate it when people defraud others out of their money when it comes to comics and art.  It leads to others not potentially trusting or doing business with reputable people in the fear that they will get scammed. 

He can be found in all the following groups where he continues to sell "commissions":

Personal Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/castrilloanthony

Comic Book Sketch Covers: https://www.facebook.com/groups/440855449274558/

I don't do fb tbh, but I am done with it anyway, I spoke to him here, through Speedy and via email at the time and he was full of promises that never materialised, its a long time ago now and I just cant be bothered to rake over it all again.

3 minutes ago, Kevin.J said:

I don't do fb tbh, but I am done with it anyway, I spoke to him here, through Speedy and via email at the time and he was full of promises that never materialised, its a long time ago now and I just cant be bothered to rake over it all again.

The beauty of the internet is by simply writing and copying and pasting.... it's not a bother at all. 

It's only a couple of clicks away. 

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The beauty of the internet is by simply writing and copying and pasting.... it's not a bother at all. 

It's only a couple of clicks away. 

Correction, he owed me $375 for a commish that didn't happen, but another book I won in his sales thread was $120, I didn't pay for that one as they were both to ship together, I later bought the second book from Speedy for $180 when he had the books from AC to sell for cash to make other boardies whole, so paid over the odds for a book that should have been mine anyway.

Just spent 10 mins reading through some PMs and feel totally depressed about it all again, it is a bother and I cant be bothered, its just not worth it to me anymore.

Besides there are plenty of guys here that can out him for his misdeeds much better than I ever could

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, Kevin.J said:

Besides there are plenty of guys here that can out him for his misdeeds much better than I ever could

Oh, Pashaw! Fiddlesticks! We don't want to hear that. I'll bet that with just a little practice, and a running start to get yourself psyched, you could call him out with the best of them!  When you have a good idea of what you'd like to say to him, just rear back and let it go like Vavoom, from Felix's crew. And don't spare the expletives. :sumo:

Kevin.J. Too bad you couldn't take the guy on Judge Judy's show. Maybe you should look into that, she would tear him a new one. (The producers of JJ are always looking for new cases - had a cousin get lawn damage from a drunk neighbor and when he wanted to take them to small claims court, a few days after filing he got a letter from the JJ show asking if he wanted to go in front of her, he didn't but I wish he had.)

1 hour ago, evilskip said:

I only read a couple of pages in this thread so excuse me if this has been brought up. If any of this was done through snail mail, wouldn't this be categorized as mail fraud?

I think there would be all manner of frauds involved if one collected all the relevant facts, documents, and statements, then presented them to law enforcement, including some mail fraud.  Also possibly (probably) wire fraud, theft by false pretense, various tax frauds, other related stuff (I'm not a lawyer), and possibly money laundering, depending on how/where the money went.  I'm not saying the guy should go away for 10-20, but different states have different felony dollar minimums, he might have reached some of them.  And no, restitution (especially when it is forced) does not automatically exonerate someone from criminal liability (again I'm not a lawyer) or penalties., largely depending on the mindset/intent at the outset.  Did he take commissions knowing he wouldn't be able to finish them or finish them within agreed upon parameters?  Did he ever intend on doing the commissions or did he just plan to take the money?

But yes I'm surprised that this didn't ultimately lead to a criminal complaint (maybe it did but it was dropped or settled in some other way?).

19 hours ago, ThreeSeas said:

Kevin.J. Too bad you couldn't take the guy on Judge Judy's show. Maybe you should look into that, she would tear him a new one. (The producers of JJ are always looking for new cases - had a cousin get lawn damage from a drunk neighbor and when he wanted to take them to small claims court, a few days after filing he got a letter from the JJ show asking if he wanted to go in front of her, he didn't but I wish he had.)

My dad was on Judge Judy when I was in high school...

I never saw it, but I want to see it. lol

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

She must be older than the hills by now. I remember watching her many years ago.

I think 76 now. I saw an article online stating that she was going to retire, and also another article stating that she was the highest paid TV personality at 47 million a year salary.

Edit: just read that the 47 million was from 2013, in 2017 she made $147 million.

Edited by ThreeSeas
add'l info