• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anthony Castrillo is a liar and a cheat.
3 3

304 posts in this topic

-He's like them tibetan monks that cheat people out of money then have a tantrum when people dont want to give them more money and dont want the carp they create-pls get your analogy straight.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

-He's like them tibetan monks that cheat people out of money then have a tantrum when people dont want to give them more money and dont want the carp they create-pls get your analogy straight.

I thought about asking him why he wasn't going to sell them off on eBay to any price in order to pay back the people he owes money to... but then I was afraid I would get kicked out of the group. 

23 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I thought about asking him why he wasn't going to sell them off on eBay to any price in order to pay back the people he owes money to... but then I was afraid I would get kicked out of the group. 

Bah, someone will always create a new Zuckerface group.  I say go for it!

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

What a wackadoodle. Someone pays you $240 for a drawing, crank it out. Good lordy, Jack Kirby and John Byrne used to crank out 60-100 full blown pages in a month. Just sit down and do it.

It blows my mind indeed.  JUST DO IT.  Instead he spent his time drawing stuff to later rip up.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

It blows my mind indeed.  JUST DO IT.  Instead he spent his time drawing stuff to later rip up.

Reminds me a little of someone else here (who is no longer here) who seemed like a real good dude from his posts and when we would PM about New Orleans and the art world, but he was at least apologetic. This guy not so much, he is flaunting the fact that he is sticking it to all these people.

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

Reminds me a little of someone else here (who is no longer here) who seemed like a real good dude from his posts and when we would PM about New Orleans and the art world, but he was at least apologetic. This guy not so much, he is flaunting the fact that he is sticking it to all these people.

I worked full time and drew comics 8 hours a day when I got home-all commissions were usually finished within an hour.  I'm not a professional I guess.

This sounds vaguely familiar.  I'm not going to look it up, but I seem to remember Castrillo ripping up completed/partially completed art and posting the photos here back when he posted here and sold commissions for signature series.  This was 5+ years ago.  Seems like an attempt at grabbing attention to me. 

Edited by Turtle

5 hours ago, the blob said:

With that said, I don't get giving a 4th tier kind of generic artist $240 for this when there is decent OA out there. I just missed a Byrne submariner page for about that much and another 150 would have gotten me a nice colan dracula page (1990s dark horse, not 70s marvel), but to each his own. I spent less than half that getting two really cool paintings from Christian slade, our very own darth corgi (and a published comic artist in his own right, just not a Big 2 published one...)

Could not have said it any better. 

On 1/10/2019 at 12:08 PM, the blob said:

With that said, I don't get giving a 4th tier kind of generic artist $240 for this when there is decent OA out there. I just missed a Byrne submariner page for about that much and another 150 would have gotten me a nice colan dracula page (1990s dark horse, not 70s marvel), but to each his own. I spent less than half that getting two really cool paintings from Christian slade, our very own darth corgi (and a published comic artist in his own right, just not a Big 2 published one...)

Not only that, it looks like most of the images are copied, if not traced, right? I mean, I could justify paying a lot to even an unknown artist if I felt their stuff was original and exciting, but this stuff I figure most of you guys could trace for me.